Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go!

Cully

I went to the game last night and the team looks great (finally after a couple stinker seasons) Two dollar Tuesdays is a great deal..my Dad and I sat in the last row in the 500's - nobody behind us was pretty sweet. Anyone else a fan?

Towers was okay last year. His record wasnt all that spectacular, he just didnt suck, so everyone percieves him as good. Which, I guess, is life in the bigs? I dunno.

I'm hoping Gibbons gets fired sooner than later too, but the media and evryone seems to have a love affair with him, so that wont happen ever. They say he's a "Players manager," and everyone likes a players manager, and you dont fire a players manager, cuz its never their fault for losing.

Whats the opposite of a players manager anyway?

Towers was okay last year. His record wasnt all that spectacular, he just didnt suck, so everyone percieves him as good. Which, I guess, is life in the bigs? I dunno.

He was the Jays only consistant pitcher after Halladay went down. He pitched a lot of innings and had a really good second-half era. Did you even follow the Jays last year?

Unfortunately yes. They pissed me off all year. Gibbons kept making mistakes and they kept losing to really crappy teams. And like I said, Towers was alright, but he wasnt great. He was consistent sure, but that hardly makes up for what hes doing now. Im sure he'll come out of it, but when? You are right though, he needs to spend some serious time in the pen. Hes starting thursday against Boston. Ortiz is licking his lips waiting for it.

Cuz Im bored, I find it wierd that you called me out for saying Towers wasnt great, yet said nothing about my desire to fire Gibons. Not only is it insanely early in the season, but they're winning quite a bit too.

Anyway, they kicked the snot out of the Oriole pen tonight which was pretty cool. They're hitting very well, so lets hope they can keep it up for another bazillion games.

Its the little things Gibbons did last year, or didnt do for that matter, which cost the Jays games that bothered me. I havent noticed it so much this year, mostly because his team is more power now, less strategy than before. Im telling you though, he'll pull some duds outta the basket, that'll just leave you scratching your head, wondering what in the hell he was thinking.

Since Gibbons was an interim manager, he did make his share of mistakes last year. The Jays didn't have a lot of offensive weapons in '04-05, so Gibbons did some on-field experimenting. He is a players manager since he was a catcher. He knows the game, and he is rounding into a really good manager. Like players, you have to give some coaches time to develop.

Since Gibbons was an interim manager, he did make his share of mistakes last year. The Jays didn't have a lot of offensive weapons in '04-05, so Gibbons did some on-field experimenting. He is a players manager since he was a catcher. He knows the game, and he is rounding into a really good manager. Like players, you have to give some coaches time to develop.

yup

• 1 month later...

The boys are looking great right now. The starting rotation is finally comming together with A.J. back. They are going to have a wicked one-two punch with Halliday and then A.J.

Every night a different player is stepping up and leading the team to a win (which you need if they are going to be a contender) Unfortunately the Red Soxs have won 12 in a row!!!

The pitching staff is rounding into form.. finally. Ironically, Halladay has been solid, but not near as good as he was in his Cy Young year. Still, 10-2 is nothing to sneeze at. Ryan is fucking incredible. Overbay is one of the most consistent hitters for the last month and a half.

• 2 weeks later...