Jambands.ca

Roll Call: JSB in Ottawa 5/26

bradm

For the first time since about late September, 2005 (as far as I can tell) The Jimmy Swift Band will be playing Ottawa, tonight (Friday, May 26) at Barrymore's. I've seen JSB in that room before, and they can really hook up there and get the party rocking. Tickets are $10 in advance (you can get them on-line or in person at The Aloha Room, the street-level bar below Barrymore's), but I'm not sure how much the show is at the door.

(I'm a little unsure about the opening act, because some sources list Will Hoge, but his website says he's in Toronto tonight at The Horseshoe; Sojourn [who have opened for JSB in Ottawa before] is also on the bill according to some sources. I expect Sojourn to be there, but not Will Hoge.)

Who's in? I'm really interested to hear JSB after them having done five months in the studio (and some new tunes, I figure), and with the new drummer (we should stop calling him that; he's been with them over a year, I think) having had a lot more experience with the band.

Aloha,

Brad

I'm very close to being in. I'm actually just in Ottawa for a couple of days (for a wedding), but would really like to hear what these guys are up to, knowing how hard they worked while they were off the road. I'd also like to see how the "new" drummer is working out these days, as I wasn't fully sold the first time I saw him play.