Jambands.ca

pulled pork sandwiches

fluffhead77

since I got my slow cooker for xmas, I've been on a tear with these bastards. Alot of folk around here (my house) seem to really enjoy this recipe so I thought I'd share...

1 shoulder of pork (butt end or picnic whatever you wanna call it...only buy a shoulder that will fit in your cooker...duh)

1 lrg yellow onion, sliced in 3/4 inch slices

1/2-3/4 cup apple cider vinegar

3-4 garlic cloves, lightly crushed

lemon and lime rind( 2 slices each)

1/2 tsp whole peppercorns ( i use red and green, but black will be just fine)

6-12 drops liquid smoke ~ depends on how smoky you like it

water to cover

2-3 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce...the PC Extra Spicy is a good all around sauce I've found, but I sometimes mix 2-3 sauces with generally tasty results)

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar

1. trim pork of rind. You can then throw that in the oven after rubbing it down with salt, skin side down at 400 degrees for some tasty pork cracklin'..mmmmm

2. line bottom of cooker with onion, garlic

3. place pork in, add remaining ingredients except BBQ sauce and 2nd amount of vinegar.

4. cook on low for 8-12 hours or until the bone is very easily separated from the meat

5. drain and discard everything but the pork.

6. place pork in a large container and "pull" it apart with 2 forks. This is the most satisfying step apart from the eating :)

7. put it back into the cooker and add the BBQ sauce and vinegar and place on low. heat for another hour.

8. consume.

view_pulledPork.jpg

it's not one of the Lords most appetizing looking sandwiches, but hell, if it don't make it up in flavour!

giddy up !

Edited by Guest