Jambands.ca

rhcp canadian tour

Freak By Night

the ottawa date falls on my birthday, and while i hate the chilli peppers, i LLLLLLove the mars volta.... it would be so awesome if they played a show after the opening slot, but i know this is 99.9999% unlikley....

AD

I thought that this was totally new info - I didn't realize tickets were already on sale.

The Ottawa show is definitely a new announcement. I heard it on the radio this morning. No word on when tickets will go on sale or how much they will be, but I'm sure the answers to those questions are "soon" and "expensive"!

I am so going to this show!

From today's Ottawa Citizen:

Chili Peppers coming to town

The Ottawa Citizen

Published: Monday, May 29, 2006

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are coming to spice up Ottawa's concert calendar.

The reigning kings of hard rock-funk, backed by The Mars Volta, will stop at Scotiabank Place on Sept. 29.

Over the last 23 years, the Peppers have brought rock, funk and punk to the air and stage, from records such as Mother's Milk, Blood Sugar Sex Magik and Stadium Arcadium.

Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. on Friday, June 2.

They're $44.05 and $74.05, plus applicable surcharges, available through the Scotiabank Place box office, Ottawa and Gatineau Sports Experts locations, or by calling (613) 599-3267 or (613) 877-3267 to charge over the phone.

Tickets can also be ordered online at www.capitaltickets.ca

Hmmm...the show's on a Friday...I wonder if a decently funky after-show could be arranged, along with some flyering at/after RHCP.

i've asked the folks at PRS about a late-night Mars Volta show at Capital but it's the longest of long shots.

AD