Jambands.ca

Rose Garland back in the Hammer

dark_starr

Friday June 16th, we've been invited to bring our own wonderful little interpretation of the Grateful Dead's music to Tap's Tavern in Hamilton. They're located 255 Parkdale Ave. North.

From either Toronto or Niagara, take the QEW to Hamilton and exit at Burlington Street. Hang a left on Parkdale Ave; Tap's is located a few blocks down on your right.

1st set gets underway at 9:30. Hope to see you there!

Chuck

don't worry MarcO, I'll protect you if you wanna come out.

Unfortunately a Service would have to be held on the Friday/Saturday due to my day job starting at 10pm on Sunday that week :(

I already asked, they're not willing to respect our religion and our holidays.

...Tap's Tavern in Hamilton. They're located 255 Parkdale Ave. North.

[shudder]Wow. I love the Grateful Dead and their music and even Rose Garland for that matter but... Parkdale North?!? Have you guys any idea what Parkdale North is like?![/shudder]

I wouldn't be showing up there in a tie-dye and birks. ;)

all kidding aside, this gig will be fine. It's just a particularly funky area of Hamilton but it's not really any more or less safer than anywhere else.

Personally, I am a huge fan of the Great Canadian Tavern, a sadly dying breed. I like shitty bars. No pretension, no airs of grandeur. Just hard workin honest people gathering together to drink, as they should!

I like shitty bars. No pretension' date=' no airs of grandeur. Just hard workin honest people gathering together to drink, as they should![/quote']

Hear hear! (Or is that "Here here?")

I concur. Wanna grab a beer at GP Grumpy's tongith? ;)

haha - you know I have never been there b/c it was one of those weird bars where you could still openly smoke everywhere. But now that that has changed, I will def check it out!

But not tonight Willy. I have a date with a guitar, a bowl and a notepad.

...Tap's Tavern in Hamilton. They're located 255 Parkdale Ave. North.

[shudder]Wow. I love the Grateful Dead and their music and even Rose Garland for that matter but... Parkdale North?!? Have you guys any idea what Parkdale North is like?![/shudder]

I wouldn't be showing up there in a tie-dye and birks. ;)

Well I would (and do). Consider it a sense of adventure, if you will. Besides, they keep the beer damn cold there.

glad to hear you're sittin home workin the music MarcO... nice

G P Grumpy's is fun (really)

best dive bar I've found in hamilton is the good ol Gennessee Tavern towards the more central north end... shotgun shells in the gutter, pickled eggs on the bar and EVERYBODY is more than welcome to take a turn singing some karaoke

like to call Parkdale North the "Shakedown Street" of Hamilton so I'm definately hopin to make it... you can wear tie die down that way, but its generally a good idea to bring a black marker to scrawl "The Scorpions - 1985 Summer Tour - Oslo to Austin or bust!" across it

like to request a "Ride Mighty High" if thats a possibility (my secret, stealth, back-up request is craftily hidden in the above message)