Jambands.ca

Yowsers...Bombers in Canada

rubberdinghy

Civil, meaning, from within the country. The FLQ was developed in Canada, with motives against Canada. They were terrorists on a civil level. Just like the South rose against the North during the American "civil" war, I would call the FLQ civil terrorists, if such a term exists.

Not an outside or international force; if you will.

all the people arrested in toronto on the weekend were residents of canada, i can't remember how many were citizens, but some were. so does that fall in the same category? sounds the same to me.

ad

So' date=' Birdy, this is all the fault of the freedom of information modern technology has given us? See no evil, hear no evil? I don't buy it. [/quote']you don't subscribe to 'see no evil, hear no evil'? i do.

No, I don't. The media presents facts, in whatever biased form, they still present facts. If your careful, and tread lightly, you can see through the obviously transparent subjectivity and find the facts. I'd rather know than not. Are you saying ignorance is bliss? If so, enjoy, you might miss out on some happy, fun facts too.

They were residents or citizens of Canada fighting for a group or movement established elsewhere. Unlike, the FLQ, they weren't fighting for a chunk of Canada, or to gain a prescence, they are here to fuck shit up on behalf of an overseas initiative.

My brain is starting to hurt.

I don't think they've released any kind of motive yet, besides all the speculation. If they did, can you link to it please, I could have missed it.

So' date=' Birdy, this is all the fault of the freedom of information modern technology has given us? See no evil, hear no evil? I don't buy it. [/quote']you don't subscribe to 'see no evil, hear no evil'? i do.

No, I don't. The media presents facts, in whatever biased form, they still present facts. If your careful, and tread lightly, you can see through the obviously transparent subjectivity and find the facts. I'd rather know than not. Are you saying ignorance is bliss? If so, enjoy, you might miss out on some happy, fun facts too.

*cough* *choke* *cough*

hell i take everything out there with a grain of salt YATS... i don't think there is any way i could EVER believe wholeheartedly what Anderson Cooper wants me to believe or better yet, what Izzy Asper would want me to believe. If you do, that's up to you, but i'd rather question, question, question!!

Ignorance is bliss... i believe. Do you ever sit back and think 'oh god to be 10 years old again and not have a care in the world!'... the more you know, the more that could possibly worry you, stress you out, eat you alive, whatever. ignorance, definately is, bliss. that so, doesn't mean i choose bliss.. sometimes i like to be in the know and know that things aren't perfect and the world is pretty fucked up. makes me way more prepared to deal with all the negativity.

Sorry, I must be racist, I can't believe I likened this to Al Queda. Especially with the targets being CSIS, CN Tower, TO Stock exchange and Parliament.

I'm not saying you're racist, I just don't know how you can draw that assumption when all you've been talking about are facts... Al Queda has never targeted the CN Tower before, how do you know it's them? The suspects haven't talked to the media or even their lawyers. I don't know how you can depend on facts and assumption at the same time in this case.

AD

Maybe accepting the negative in the world will help you appreciate the positive. You can't be ignorant and "question, question, question!!" You have to know things, be informed, etc, to ask questions. Ignorance is the catalyst of most things wrong with the world today.

i disagree completely. those who don't know, just don't know. once a topic is introduced to a person for the very first time, then all changes. then ignorance could possibly be the catalyst.. because the person is in a varying state of knowingness. like how a rash judgement can be passed, because the accusor only knows half of the story, say. that's where media plays the devil, delivering a biased view to it's audience. and then the audience plays off of it and reacts without investigating further or attempting to hear the other side of the story.

hmm... who cares what i think, but don't you guys kind of agree? or at least, not disagree?

YATS: You can't be ignorant and "question, question, question!!" You have to know things, be informed, etc, to ask questions.

Birdy: ignorance, definately is, bliss. that so, doesn't mean i choose bliss.. sometimes i like to be in the know and know that things aren't perfect and the world is pretty fuÇked up. makes me way more prepared to deal with all the negativity.

i know that's just an itty, bitty bit of what you each wrote, but i'm not seeing exactly where you're not seeing eye-to-eye.

hmm... who cares what i think, but don't you guys kind of agree? or at least, not disagree?

YATS: You can't be ignorant and "question, question, question!!" You have to know things, be informed, etc, to ask questions.

Birdy: ignorance, definately is, bliss. that so, doesn't mean i choose bliss.. sometimes i like to be in the know and know that things aren't perfect and the world is pretty fuÇked up. makes me way more prepared to deal with all the negativity.

i know that's just an itty, bitty bit of what you each wrote, but i'm not seeing exactly where you're not seeing eye-to-eye.

meggo you are bomb! heheeh. i was just driving the literal and feeling feisty today.

high five yats!