w/ DJ ?uesquecest

THE HOOCH

815 Queen St. W.

www.gypsyco-op.com

10 PM ~ $10

789884706_l.jpg

BLUE QUARTER

www.myspace.com/bluequarter

Blue Quarter is a cohesive three-piece musical entity continuously exploring the grounds of techno-jazz and drum & bass. Blending a variety of inputs such as funk, classical, house, rock and hip-hop, Blue Quarter's original output delivers an organic Electro Lounge groove. This unique style of music is capable of transporting listeners into the next realm of musical vibes.

Just want to also let you know that Blue Quarter will be undertaking an Canadian Tour for summer 2006. See yas there!!

JUNE 2006

Wednesday June 21...The Capital...Fredricton...NB

Thursday June 22...Neptunes...Saint-John...NB

Friday June 23...Paramount...Moncton...NB

Saturday June 24...SunSeeker's Ball Music Festival...Kingston Peninsula...NB

Wednesday June 28...Quaie Des Brumes...Montreal...QC

Thursday June 29...Pepper Jacks...Hamilton..ON

Friday June 30...Hooch...Toronto...ON

127636790_l.jpg

ESCALATE

www.escalatemusic.com

The motivation behind Escalate’s unique synthesis of sounds (the grooves and beats behind the Drygas brothers rhythm section, the science and soul behind the sweet melodies of the brothers Kern), is, simply, the sound of the world. Escalate unapologetically fuses the planet’s eclectic styles, melodies and rhythms, confidently re-flavouring them (with just a hint of swagger), daring the world to apply a genre title. The InBreds' Dave Ulrich exclaims “this music could be played anywhere,†elegantly capturing Escalate’s intentions. The band, true fusionist heroes, trailblaze the musical spectrum, freeing the landscape from the shackles of classification and categorization. What remains can only be described in one way - pure Escalate.

Yeah man this should be an awesome show. I've been waiting for a while to see Blue Quarter in Toronto. Can't wait.

Escalate is pretty sweet too, but their one set last time at the Hooch was dissapointingly short. I could have grooved to those bass lines all night. They're super funky though and can't wait to see them again. Very good complimentary bands.

Thanks for this one Jay.

What a show. I easily lost 5 pounds. Get to do it again July 7 and 8 in Sudbury. Imagine my luck.

Escalte were awesome too, but in escalte fashion, one set (continuosly played), put down the insturments and leave. I wanted their CD but by the time I got back from a "set break" smoke, they're out the door. oh well.

Edited by Guest