Jambands.ca

Little Feat - Hamilton 2003 Now available!

Esau.

Finally! I've gotten this all finished. I did my best with this recording but there are still a couple small issues I couldn't resolve, but those aside this show sounds & is fantastic in my opinion. I hope all interested enjoy.

Previously uncirculated

Little Feat

77 Club

Hamilton,Ontario

Canada

2003-05-29

Source SBD

Lineage: SBD > ?? > CDR > EAC* > Soundforge 8* > WAV* > FLAC*

Taper: Unknown

Transfer:Unknown

*Cleaned up, fixed & FLAC'd by: Greg R. See notes below.

Disc One

d1t01 Intro + >

d1t02 All that You Dream

d1t03 Hate to Lose Your Lovin'

d1t04 Honest Man

d1t05 Cold Cold Cold

d1t06 Easy to Slip > I Know You Rider > Easy To Slip

d1t07 Just Another Sunday

d1t08 Heaven's Forsaken

Disc Two

d2t01 Spanish Moon >

d2t02 Skin It Back > Day At The Dog Races

d2t03 Dixie Chicken extended intro/jam > Dark Star tease >

d2t04 Kenny Bass Solo > Billy Keys Solo** >

d2t05 Tennessee Jed >

d2t06 Dixie Chicken

Disc Three

d3t01 Fat Man in the Bathtub >

d3t02 Get Up Stand Up > Eden's Wall Tease > Drums >

d3t03 Fat Man In The Bathtub

Encore:

d3t04 Willin' > Don't Bogart That Joint > Willin'

+Guest emcee Andy Frost of Q107 (CILQ)

** Dedication to Glen Gould

Fat Cats opened

(check out their shows on archive too!)

Notes:

I recieved this show on two CDRs, no source, transfer, lineage or taper info. I worked with Brian of 'Kick It Down Promotions' on this show and recall seeing a couple tapers with mini-disc recorders set up, but that was it, I'm assuming its from one of those sources.

This recording was riddled with SBEs, loads of digi-noise and not tracked very well. Using 'Traders Little Helper' I corrected the SBEs, 'Soundforge 8' for re-tracking, fades, removing digi-noise & fixing drop-outs.

I was able to clean the recording up to a listen-able quality (in my opinion of course). I did my best with it folks. It is a great show and does sound fantastic and seeing as though this show appears to be uncirculated at as of may 2006, I figured it was worth sharing, all flaws aside.

Enjoy,

Greg R. (esau13@gmail.com)

-----------------------------------------------

Noted & known Flaws:

d1t03 - @ 1:25 some static/digi-noise occurs off and on for another minute or so, cause unknown.

d1t03 - @ 3:39 static/digi-noise, left channel drop-out, repaired with Soundforge 8, right channel copied over until 4:20 but still suffers from some static/noise briefly, cause unknown.

d2t02 - @ 6:14 there is a "hic-up" so to speak, sounds like the recorder may have stopped and started quickly, there was a split second gap that I removed with Soundforge 8.

d3t04 - Started late, I used Soundforge 8 to create fade in. Missed was Paul introducing Willin' as the encore with mention of the new marijuana decriminalization proposed by the Canadian federal government.

http://www.archive.org/details/lf2003-05-29.flac

Edited by Guest

Thanks Brad, I appreciate the kind words. I've been pretty excited (and nervous..if that makes sense) about getting this out there. I'm glad to have this show off my 'to do' list thats for sure.

Cheers Mark, I hope your friend enjoys it also.

yay esau!

that was a fabulous show, can't wait to hear it again. thanks for your hard work! tapers rule :)

ever since they reorganized the archive, lots of shows don't have an "all at once lossless" option. short of ftp, is there an http way of getting the whole show in one go?

Thanks folks,

I also have the 2004 Little Feat Hamilton show but its missing more then half the first track (if I recall). I know someone who recorded it stealth AUD (no idea why with SBD patches available), so I am waiting to get a copy of his show, or at least the track in question anyway so I can make the show complete.

That is the only issue with the 2004 show so hopefully the guy comes through...eventually.

Read my last post.... ;)

I also have the 2004 Little Feat Hamilton show but its missing more then half the first track (if I recall). I know someone who recorded it stealth AUD (no idea why with SBD patches available), so I am waiting to get a copy of his show, or at least the track in question anyway so I can make the show complete.

That is the only issue with the 2004 show so hopefully the guy comes through...eventually.

[edit to add]

Oh & the date was 2004-06-22

Edited by Guest

yeah the 2004 would be awesome...PoG and I were on the bus after the show smokin up Paul and Richie. Apparantley they are friends with Bruce Brooker, the old Caution Jam drummer, who is a good pal of mine. I loved the way the bus was parked right in front and the guys lingered around the crowd after the show talking to people. Class bunch of guys in Little Feat and very appreciative of good canadian kind too!

Agreed on class bunch of guys thats for sure, it was truly an honor for me to be able to work for/with the LF team in 2003, my favourite part besides meeting & chillin with the band & crew all day was, driving Denny (LF's road manager) around, loads of fuckin laughs, stand up guy thats for sure. (Thanks again briguy)

I'm hoping to get the CD art posted soon for this one, just need to get my crew passes (2003 & 2004) scanned first.

As soon as I can get the missing part of the 2004 show I'll put it up also.