Jambands.ca

Ottawa this weekend

mattm

On Friday The Golden Dogs + Bullmoose + Sojourn is at Mavericks.

None of them is a jamband, but you need to see The Golden Dogs: they do indie/alt/power-pop music, and do it right. Bullmoose is a blast, too: bring yer earplugs.

Saturday, Bootyjuice is playing Cafe Dekcuf, after the all-ages show; it'll be a midnight start, I think (I'll be checking with the Mavericks people on Friday night to find out exactly what's supposed to be going on).

Aloha,

Brad

The bar may be filled to capacity at some time during the night, but I doubt it'll sell out in advance. I may get a ticket in advance, but I'm not sweating being able to get it in (especially because I plan on getting there about 9pm, as I plan on taping all three bands).

Aloha,

Brad

Thanks for the suggestions howler and brad, makes the pain of no Roo a little easier to bear.

I'm not sure of the address but there's a website broadcasting Bonnaroo all weekend so even if the friday night show doesn't happen, there's still that. I'm going to see if I can set up a computer to capture the video all weekend but all I have is a laptop so it might be a bit tough.

Edit:

Here's the address for the Roo stream:

http://blueroom.att.com/events/bonnaroo.php

LIVE WEBCAST

The AT&T blue room will be bringing you hours of free uninterrupted live streaming coverage from Bonnaroo starting on June 16th. This year’s webcast will include Phil Lesh, Matisyahu, Ben Folds, Damian Marley, Bright Eyes and many more. The blue room will also be bringing you archived footage from all of your favorite Bonnaroo artists that will be available after the show! Stay up to date on the webcast schedule, archives and more by signing up for the AT&T blue room newsletter at http://blueroom.att.com/newsletter/index.php.

I'm not sure how much they're going to show but I've read some good reviews about the Blue Room so it may not be so bad.

Edited by Guest

anyone interested in making a little get-together over the weekend to sit around in a living room, drink (etc) and watch bonnaroo? It's a simple thing to hook up a computer to the tv to watch that stream. It won't be the best quality video but it's the music that matters. This will also require high-speed internet.

[Edit] I'll donate my laptop as the computer and I have all the wires but my house isn't really an option (read my post just below)[/edit]

Edited by Guest

How close are you to Mavericks/Dekcuf, mattm? I want to go to Bootyjuice on Saturday night, but won't want to show up before 11:30pm or midnight; if your place is walking distance, that might be a good way for me to spend a bit of time before heading to the show.

Aloha,

Brad

actually, my house isn't set up too good for it since my roomate is studying for her bar (lawyer, not drinking establishement) exam coming up july 6th which is a fairly hard exam I should think (should have mentioned that).

(which sucks because I live about 10 minutes leisure walking distance from mavericks)

Yeah, I think I'll be at the booty juice show too.

Edited by Guest

I know Krissi is working during the day on Saturday, but I'd like to check out the Golden Dogs at night if it's not sold out yet. I saw them at Zaphod's about a year ago and they were really good. Definitely recommended.

Anyone else planning on going? I may be up for a get together as well.

[Edit]Oh yeah, Golden Dogs are Friday, and BootyJuice are on Saturday.

Either way, I'd still like to check them out, as Bullmoose is also really cool.[/Edit]

Edited by Guest