Jambands.ca

Remember these guys?

Esau

quote:

Originally posted by Esau13:

hempopotamus~

I'll get on the copying for ya,all I would like is one of those Kuit cat stickers bro,I lost my last one.

I do have a five disc show from Ellicotville Fat cats/Doug feaver/Les Cooper(of roadside attraction) and a show(1 disc) from Chico-pee ski club all 1993,I do have Joels first show also,w/ Tyler & its acoustic!!

We must have met before,I have been goin to the shows since the start......

Many others on disc too.

Greg

Ibex73@hotmail.com

That would be fantastic I'll shoot you a private mail.

oh man, the Fat Cats, where can I start? These guys have been a part of my life for their entire ten-year existence, just when I could start sneaking into bars (I remember the nervousness of trying to get into the Corktown), the Fatties started playing. There have been plenty of periods where I took them for granted, or they took themselves for granted but that's part of growing together isn't it? Ridiculously nice guys, taboot taboot.

Funny to think they once had a newsletter going about them. I've enjoyed numerous line-upswith the Fatties but I particulalry liked that period with Ron Eliott on keyboards. They did some great double-bills with BNB with that line-up. Great times, I met my love Laurie at those shows, at that time.

I love Todd (far left) in that photo - great to see that hair flowin in the breeze - it's a memory now.

A random memory - must have been about 1992-93, although I'm tempted to put it earlier than even that, but it was real early on, and I was still at my parent's place, sleeping in late one Saturday or Sunday, as teenage kids do. I awoke to hear guitar playing drifting over the breeze from the Dundas Driving Park, just down the street from me. I threw on some clothes and followed the music, and when I got down there, the Fatties had set up an impromptu free show in the park, playing in the bandshell to a few dozen twirling, happy stoners. Talk about a hippie daydream! [big Grin]

Great guys, long may they run.

Anyone have a website with info on what the cats are up to now. I honestly haven't seen them or heard about them in years. I used to cpmplain that I could never remember how they sounded after seeing them, but I realize now that it was probably due to drugs and/or alcohol. ne of my favourite shows of all time was the Acton show with JGB and Uncle Jack, seriously fun times. I actually met the guy who owns the farm where the sho was held up at CTMF. Brought back memories.

That pic of tND makes Jamie look a lot thinner. Guess married life is agreeing with him.

Archived