Jambands.ca

Remember these guys?

Esau

quote:

Originally posted by hamilton:

Holy shit - that's an old photo fer sure!!

Thanks for the memories, Esau!!

Yeah bro, I beleive it is around 93-94 or so,I was just looking for some old pics for CD covers,I got awhole bunch of old shows and I have to transfer them to disc soon,mostly west coast sound boards.And that pic is from the west coast.

Here's the article I got the pic from (1997) :

Blast from the past.

Good OSB article also. [big Grin]

I got to talk to Jimmy Herring while he was checking out the Fat Cats' set at the Un-Comfort Zone a few years ago - when the Cats opened for Jazz Is Dead. I asked him what he thought about the Cats? He said: " These guys are good, man". I couldn't agree more.

Hey Secondtube...

Think you would be interested in these? [Eek!]

Fat Cats

07.11.93- Phil's > Kitchener

07.22.93- Clinton's

08.05.93- Corktown (maybe labeled wrong)

10.14.93- Clinton's

12.26.93- Phil's > Kitchener

12.31.93- ?????

02.13.94- Phil's > Kitchener

11.22.94- Brass Taps U of Guelph

11.25.94- X-Club Hamilton

12.21.94- Phil's > Kitchener (winter solstice)

12.29.94- Rivoli

04.11.96- Downtown(??)

05.30.96- Rivoli

06.17.96- Queen's Hotel(BC I think)

06.18.96- Harpo's > Victoria BC

06.29.96- The Civic > Nelson BC

I also have about 4 that are mystery shows(not labeled).I've been holdin on tto these for a bit. [Razz]

Thing is they are all on cassette,(SBD's),I still have to get em transfered over to CD-R.This could take awhile but it would be worth gettin these shows out there.You feel like maybe tacklin' some of these?

Let me know if your into doin some of these up or not.

ibex73@hotmail.com

quote:

Originally posted by Esau13:

Here's the article I got the pic from (
) :

Good OSB article also.
[big Grin]

Huh!! Thanks for the link. I totally forgot about the Fatties short-lived "dual drummer" period. They've been through several drummers between Adam and Joel, and they've been positively Spinal Tap-esque with their keyboard players (I though Ron was the most fun, though!). Which reminds me - a little birdie told me that Jesse O'Brien was playing with the Fat Cats now - true?

And One Step Beyond - man, those guys used to be so much fun, back in the day when Jamie Shields and Andy Scott were in the band! In addition to numerous packed-house La Luna shows, I also remember being one of ten people watching them at the old Baranga's down at the beach... [big Grin]

Here's a funny story for ya's...

I'd only seen the Fat Cats about twice in St. Catharines, and maybe once at La Luna. I didn't really know them too well. When I first moved to Toronto, the Fat Cats and the Ominous Seapods were playing a show at the Comfort Zone. At the door they told me the fatties were headlining. So I'm watching the opener who I thought was the sea pods thinking they were pretty good. Then they bust into one of the few fatties songs that I actually knew. I'm thinking what kinda band covers the band they are opening for? Duh!! Turns out it was the fat cats, but I recognized them as looking like the photo above. This time they were are clean shaven and had hair cuts. I had no idea it was them. Too funny...

hamilton~

Hmmm, I know Jessie has sat in a few times and there was rumor of him joinin' the Cats but I really am not sure how permanent it is.Would be a great addition to the Cats though.

But Ty was the keyboards for me, gotta love those B3's. [big Grin]

The dual drummer days were somthing to see thats for sure,good old corktown days.Not the greatest venue but the shows there were great.

I was wearing my OSB shirt the other night(fri) at the Formula show and got talkin to the horn player about OSB and he was saying he still plays with some of the OSB guys.Had a good time rememberin an old Freeway band show at Amigo's in Hess with Mike Hopkin's (formerly of Freeway band) now Formula.Good times I say.

CH~

Would that show in St.Catherines happen to be from the Vault?I have a great matrix copy on disc,but I cant recall the date right now,I believe secondtube still has that one actually.

Hmmmmm, wheres my freakin list. [Confused]

CH~

I have them listed as playing 03.12.98 @ The vault,would that be the date? I don't have the disc here right now.

I'll get ya a copy of that show before friday.You are comin into Hamilton for the friday festivities aren't ya?If you are could you make me a copy of their first album?It's all good with them.If you could maybe copy the sleeve too that would be appreciated(even scan it and email it if possible),but not a must at the moment.

Cheers

Ha that is the same picture that I had used for my one time editing job of the Fatties newsletter. Whatever happened to Ask Edna??? Was there ever another issue of that?

Arrgghh, Someone has to spin this ex-Hamiltonian a couple of Fatty shows. I tried setting up something before on Jambase but it died a quick death.

Funny thing is we have a kid working for us this summer who is in a punk band with a CD release party coming up and we were reminiscing about when Daredevil was getting released and everything that went with that. So I kicked him down a copy of Daredevil and a Fat Cats Kit Kat sticker, of which we have a few. And we were listening to it in the store and brought a smile to my face as I havent seen or listened to the Fatties in a couple of years. It reminded me of how strange it was to hear all these songs studioized that you had been hearing in the bars for a couple of years and how different they sounded.

So someone get me some Fatty shows already. I have also had no luck at all in someone hooking me with Roo 03 shows. I have no high speed here at the beach so i am at your whim and mercy. My list is a bit dated but here it is none the less for trade bait.

http://db.etree.org/wspfan

Cheers,

Matt

A great photo ... I'd love a copy of some vintage Fatties on cd if anyone makes that happen.

I didn't get into the Fatties until '96/'97 but did manage to catch a few of their final shows with Adam on drums, and then a bunch of shows with them as a 6 piece. Talk about phat!!! Even had them play at my highschool once in the late afternoon ... it didn't go anything like I hoped for, but it still brings a smile to my face [big Grin]

Peace, Mark

quote:

Originally posted by hamilton:

And One Step Beyond - man, those guys used to be so much fun, back in the day when Jamie Shields and Andy Scott were in the band!

Andy Scott sat in with tND last weekend in Montreal. Good to see them still keeping in touch and jammin'!

-

-

same thing for me but it was the old lunas and i was like 17yrs maybe 18yrs old nervous as hell goin up to ask for a beer(but everytime got one). It was great i got in every time i went down, and it was always such a beautiful scene, come to think of it thats when my life was in for a big and happy change.

Wish i could of seen them with 2 drummers though i bet that would be a treat.

hempopotamus~

I'll get on the copying for ya,all I would like is one of those Kit cat stickers bro,I lost my last one.

I do have a five disc show from Ellicotville Fat cats/Doug feaver/Les Cooper(of roadside attraction) and a show(1 disc) from Chico-pee ski club all 1993,I do have Joels first show also,w/ Tyler & its acoustic!!

We must have met before,I have been goin to the shows since the start......

Many others on disc too.

Greg

Ibex73@hotmail.com

Ps. I also found a "High Times" poster from feb 92 beverly community center.Before the Fatties days.Could beleive I still had it.

I would be willin' to copy any of the 1st gen cassettes I have listed above for anyone,and then people canm convert em over to disc if they chose,since I have no capabilities here to burn discs or copy(at least for another month anyway.

Marc0~

That newsletter......Scratchin' Post. (I believe).

As you said bro, they are a part of my life also,what a time,great times I say.

Mark Tonin~

Thanks for the discs bro,I got em last week and forgot to get back to ya,I will make copies of the old Cats shows I have and get them out to ya.May take a week or so.

Cheers all [big Grin]

I heard it mentioned Saturday night that if the Labour Day Frontier Town situation gets sorted out The Cats are hoping to play...

sweet to say the least

I've really enjoyed the last two with more new bands but am definately ready for the cats on the big stage (hell, all night in the saloon)

come on Frontier!

quote:

Originally posted by paisley:

I heard it mentioned Saturday night that if the Labour Day Frontier Town situation gets sorted out The Cats are hoping to play...

sweet to say the least

I've really enjoyed the last two with more new bands but am definately ready for the cats on the big stage (hell, all night in the saloon)

come on Frontier!

Now thats good news....sorta,as long as things can get straightened out in Durham.

quote:

Originally posted by Esau13:

CH~

I have them listed as playing 03.12.98 @ The vault,would that be the date? I don't have the disc here right now.

I'll get ya a copy of that show before friday.You are comin into Hamilton for the friday festivities aren't ya?If you are could you make me a copy of their first album?It's all good with them.If you could maybe copy the sleeve too that would be appreciated(even scan it and email it if possible),but not a must at the moment.

Cheers

Greg, I still have to burn that disc Fatties disc as well, I've had it from my friend for far too long now (oops). I'll definetly make ya a copy, and I'm gonna try and scan the covers too. Hopefully it will work out, my scanner is not behaving well these days. I don't know if I'll make it out on friday or not, but if I do, I'll bring that disc for ya.

As for that show, different date than I have, but it's close enough that it must have been the same show (my 2nd fatties show). I'd love a copy if you get it back again. Just let me know how many discs it is.

Cheers...

quote:

As for that show, different date than I have, but it's close enough that it must have been the same show (my 2nd fatties show). I'd love a copy if you get it back again. Just let me know how many discs it is.

Yeah I could have the wrong date as well,but yeah close enough...anyway,its two discs & I just have to get it back from secondtube,but I will make sure that there is an extra copy there for ya.

Archived