Jambands.ca

Robert Randolf!

Booche

How wicked was that!!!!!!!!!!!

Long story short, Cyrill and I met him during Blue Rodeo, brought him over to Medeski, but we didnt get backstage with him. Hung out for 20-30 mins............

Thankfully, a number of the Ottawa crew saw us walk by with him, as I said "Hey guys, we brought a friend over."

-

GREAT SHOT BOUCHE!

Agreed!!! Just got home from Ottawa Bluesfest, and Robert Randolph was a great way to start my day, Peter Green's sweet set in the middle, and MMW to top it off - woohoo!

RR only played about 50+ minutes in Ottawa, and when I told him that I'd be seeing him in Toronto tonight, he said "yeah, we get to play a lot longer there" - it'll be sweet!

For anyone who's sitting on the fence about tonight's show, don't miss him! Put on yer dancin' shoes and get yer ass out there! [big Grin]

Well I'm not here to antagonize anyone, but I caught half of Randolph's set and I can't say he really did much for me. In the realm of dancin' music sure, but despite his proficiency on the steel I didn't feel like there was much creativity on stage.

I will say...the bassist singing falsetto was good [smile]

I loved it! He had a shit load of energy, charisma and stage presence. He played as though we were the best audience he ever had. He smiled as though he loved being where he was and doing what he was doing.

Plus A LOT of Sanctuarians got to sing with him!!! He passed the mic out to the audience and we just gave er! Forgive me if I don't mention you, my head is very sore. Low Roller, Bouche, Booche, myself, Jay Cleary, and a few more all sang along to "I Need More Love Everyday". That was a highlight!

Archived