Jambands.ca

Pitchfork reviews Bonnaroo

Guest Low Roller

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is quite a long runaround to only conclude that a music critic is critical of music.

Just as there are indie snobs thinking jam music sucks I can say I know a half-dozen people who DON'T know why every song isn't 19 minutes long. Because if people just jammed out every song it would be so much better.

I ask you: Can you imagine 19 minutes of Destiny's Child singing Bootylicious? (notice I didn't say SEEING destiny's child sing bootylicious...which would be an absolute joy). 3:27 is all you need.

I am discovering music on a daily basis that really piques my interest. All of it is coming out of...for lack of a better word...the "pitchfork" scene. I'm not getting that from Jambands and I have decidedly more than 2 piddly years invested in that world, so it's not for lack of trying or involvement. So with one or two exceptions there are no "jamming" bands playing out right now that interest me at all.

Just as there are indie snobs thinking jam music sucks I can say I know a half-dozen people who DON'T know why every song isn't 19 minutes long. Because if people just jammed out every song it would be so much better.

I can recall people on this board saying that they can't be interested in "short" songs, which is ridiculous. Why set arbitrary barriers to prevent yourself from liking music? The length of the song has nothing to do with the quality of the song (which is similar to an argument that Booche likes to use about parts of his anatomy).

I am discovering music on a daily basis that really piques my interest. All of it is coming out of...for lack of a better word...the "pitchfork" scene. I'm not getting that from Jambands and I have decidedly more than 2 piddly years invested in that world, so it's not for lack of trying or involvement. So with one or two exceptions there are no "jamming" bands playing out right now that interest me at all.

I concur. I certainly don't take Pitchfork's reviews as gospel truth, but as a publication I find it to be more right than wrong most of the time.

You people take away my horny.

You shoulda been at BNB. That'd give you horny, utilize the horny, expend the horny, and leave the rest of you in a whimpering crumbled heap, grateful to have been spent so.

BNB 2006-06-30

Mavericks, Ottawa, ON

Distraction >

Holes >

Down With The Sound

Canada Day banter

Untied

In The Belly

Full Tilt

Stop 28

These Days >

By The Door