Jambands.ca

Rhino takes over rights to Grateful Dead's Intellectual Property

secondtube

strange, i can open this through netscape, and it doesn't ask for a p/w.

yet it does when opening through IE.

i remember reading an interview with John Barlow where he talked about one of the EFF's early subversive actions being to register the username cyberpunk password cyberpunk at every major website that was asking for free registration.

lat time the new york times asked me for a pw, this worked.

as far as the article goes,

Mr. Hart said that his hope was that the arrangement would free the band to make music together. "To us, the Grateful Dead was always about the music, not just going to board meetings. The business got so big, and that's not what we signed up for.

"When we don't have to do business together, maybe we can become friends again. Maybe we can even play together again."

that's moderately encouraging.

Edited by Guest
add actual thread-related content

I have no issue with them choosing Rhino as the company to handle their affairs.

This seems MUCH better than the Microsoft rumours from years gone past. The Rhino releases I have, with regards to recent Dead projects, are fuggin' fantastic. Bring it on.

Works for me, especially since Rhino has already re-released the entire GD & Jerry Garcia studio collections (Expanded & Remastered) anyway.

Although, I'm nervous how this will effect GD online, like SBDs (bt.etree) and video (live fan made DVDs).