Jambands.ca

Another Tragedy In Raptors Land

Jaimoe

Agreed, james is a bit of a baby, buit 3 years for 5 million, for a starter?! That's really lowballing it.

Again I don't get the Raptor metality, they need a pointguard, which they had in James and they let him go?! So now they have to get another one that may or may nto work out. It's not that Toronto can't get respectable point guards, they just can't get them to stay!.

Edited by Guest

The problem with James was he wasn't the type of PG that the Raps wanted. He was selfish (and not afraid to tell everyone), and he would always look to shoot first. I can't tell you how many times I remember cringing while James would just dribble the ball around for 15 seconds looking for a good shot for himself, while Bosh was yelling for the ball for an easy shot. Sure he made a big shot more often than not, but the Raps need a young (James is 31) pass first point gaurd. Which is why they got TJ Ford.

I honestly don't know if you understand basketball Chameleon. James ripped the Timberwolves off. He isn't a point guard. He's a scorer, and an extremely selfish one at that. The Raptors never had a healthy starting point guard last year. The Spanish Calderone kid was an off-guard in Europe and his national team before playing in the NBA. Even my favourite Raptor, Alvin Williams, was converted to PG and not a true PG. Now, crazy Rafer is a PG, but clearly insane.

I honestly don't know if you understand basketball Chameleon. James ripped the Timberwolves off. He isn't a point guard. He's a scorer, and an extremely selfish one at that. The Raptors never had a healthy starting point guard last year. The Spanish Calderone kid was an off-guard in Europe and his national team before playing in the NBA. Even my favourite Raptor, Alvin Williams, was converted to PG and not a true PG. Now, crazy Rafer is a PG, but clearly insane.

Oh I understand basketball quite well Jaimoe so no worries there. And for the record I am not so sad Mike James is leaving, 'cause you are right he is a scorer and a whiney bitch. My beef is they keep gettin' quality palyer or developing them and pissing them away. I hope this stops with Coangelo, seems like it may. The James trade was probably good, but the Villenuava trade could be crushing, I hope not.

Bottom line they should have kept Rafer! Sam Mitchell fucked up as a rookie coach andc lacked the skills to proprerly mentor and fix the problem. Mitchell desrves much of that blame. Now we are left to play catch up, again, on the poijt guard thing. I hope TJ ford has got the skills, I'm not sold yet.

Finally.....YOUR'RE An ALVIN "GLASS ANKLE" WILLIAMS FAN??!!! That explains every thing. Thank god he's gone, he was a dead weight around the Raptor's neck for years. Seriously overated. Perhaps the best thing they did was release him.

One thing we can both agree on...this year they better at least make it into the first round of the playoffs or it's time to move the team and burn the ACC....

Finally.....YOUR'RE An ALVIN "GLASS ANKLE" WILLIAMS FAN??!!! That explains every thing. Thank god he's gone, he was a dead weight around the Raptor's neck for years. Seriously overated. Perhaps the best thing they did was release him.

I'm an Alvin fan because he did everything the organization and his team asked of him - above and beyond his abilities - without complaining. He handles himself with class and is a good role-model for kids. He's a heart and soul kind of player and plays hurt. He loved playing in Toronto and loved the city. His class reminds me of other Americans playing in Toronto like Roy Halladay and Pat Hentgen.

Agreed Alvin did put in classy time with the Raptors and played hard. i just think they kept him on waaaay too long, and he ended up hurting the team.

I think the Raptors kept him because of his character and believe it or not, I think management showed Alvin some loyalty by waiting and seeing if his injury would right itself. That almost never happens in this day and age.

Anyone remember a guy named Vince Carter???

Exactly! That's my point why all the loyalty to Alvin (yes I know about his good nature etc..) but they send Carter packing and the JYD.

Now Carter was a special case as he was wanting to leave but the JYD worked as hard or harder than AW for the team, was a bench leader and was way healthier than Alvin, and provided more for the team when he played...and they trade him for "sweet fuck all". That seems to be a running trend in Raptor land, trade developed players, or player with talent for nothing in return.

That's gotta stop ASAP!.

Here we go again.

You're so right, I'm just hatin' again. I never recovered from the JYD debacle.

But I not offically digress (until someone bring it up again).

Let's all hope this year Raptor's are for real and not just another rebuild to nothing.

Go Raptors! (I fuckin' hope!)

jerome_williams_booyah_jersey.jpg

Edited by Guest