Jambands.ca

Evolve 2006

slavetothegroove

You know I am and it's going to be great. Someone has to tell me how to get a ride on that fancy Funk Mobile, that'd make my trip.

Who is going? We're also probably looking for a ride from Moncton there and back to Moncton if anyone wants to offer one up... (correct me if I'm wrong Steph)

evolvePosterOutlines_v04.jpg

(NOVA SCOTIA, CANADA) The 7th annual Evolve Festival, the new-music and awareness festival held in rural Nova Scotia, will present it's most impressive line up of local and internationally acclaimed artists on a new summer weekend, August 4, 5 and 6th, 2006 in Antigonish, Nova Scotia. Nestled in a picturesque 225-acre venue in Canada's Ocean Playground Sunflower Valley Nova Scotia, The Evolve Festival is a three-day camping, music, dancing and educational extravaganza which will feature over 65 acts showcasing a diversity of music styles including; folk, jazz, funk, electronica, hip hop, rock, bluegrass, experimental and world music.

With over 65 live performances on three stages, Evolve has assembled a powerful musical soundtrack to this year's festivities. Headliners included three-time Juno award winner, Source Magazine's International Album of the Year winner and multi-platinum recording artist k-os, New York's political 15 piece world beat group Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra, Phish's bass player Mike Gordon and his new band Ramble Dove and Vancouver's folk-songstresses The Be Good Tanyas. Atlantic Canada favourites include The Jimmy Swift Band, Slowcoaster, Classified, The Museum Pieces and Dr. Dfunkt. Evolve alums Wassabi Collective, Burt Neilson Band and High Plains Drifter will return as well as first-time-Evolvers Toronto's King Sunshine and Winnepeg's Moses Mayes. But we haven't even mentioned the 40+ DJs and electronica artists from all over the globe. There's Chicago house heavyweight DJ Sneak, plus DJ Dan (Los Angeles), Donald Glaude (Seattle) and three or four dozen more of the finest, funkiest turntablists to slip on their headphones on the East Coast.

On top of putting on one of the most memorable festival line ups in Atlantic Canada, Evolve Festival organization is dedicated to producing a festival that is as environmentally friendly as possible while raising awareness among patrons about green products, technologies and environmental issues. Organizers are taking significant steps toward reducing the environmental impact of the event and providing educational opportunities throughout the festival. Evolve's greening plan includes the use of organic cotton and hemp t-shirts, post-consumer recycled paper and vegetable-based inks for marketing materials, biodegradable concession service items and waste reclamation stations.

The Evolve Festival recognizes the support of the province of Nova Scotia, through the department of Tourism, Culture and Heritage. We are please to work in partnership with the Culture Division to develop and promote our cultural resources for all Nova Scotians.

The 3-day Evolve Festival will have general camping and family/quiet camping areas, which will have access to full service camping facilities which include running water, portable washrooms, drinking water and showers/wash stations. Early Bird Tickets are available at Evolve ticket outlets and can be purchased online for $95.00 and $110 at the gate. Prices don't include tax and service charge, visit www.evolvefestival.com for ticket locations.

Edited by Guest

We regret to say that 'Stephen Franke and Noises from the Toolshed' will not be playing this years Evolve festival after all. Due to circumstances, we have cancelled our appearance.

It's too bad, we were looking forward to it, but it took them too long to get around to booking us, and by that point flights were way too much, etc.

Thanks all, and see you on the east coast during the fall, and Halloween!

Stephen

Shitty news to hear.I guess that means you Toolshed boys will have to start thinking about fall or winter east coast tour...:P haha.

Either way, yes Evolve is going to kick major ass. Word from the promoters are saying there's extra amount of work going into it this year. I've got real good feelings of it being almost as good as E5. And with this lineup, can't really go wrong.

Get ready to Evolve baby!

Actually, we never discussed the drive from the airport or anything with them...I'm surprised you don't know more details Jay (this last part would be in purple if I knew how).

Evolve wasn't paying the flights, or even one flight. In fact, we said for months and months we weren't too worried about lots of money, just needed to confirm a booking to use the 3 airmile flights we'd saved up over the last year. Instead we were one of the last acts booked, 40 days before the festival and by that time the airmile flights were all booked up. At that point we asked for a bit more and Evolve couldn't make it up so now we've cancelled. This is noone's business, but I wanted to clarify Jay's strangely uninformed words.

We're not playing so we announced it. This is a messageboard, not a billboard.

Go Canucks. See you all soon.

Stephen

It'll be fun. I'd like to meet some skanks if they're there but I have no idea what anyone looks like. You can see pictures of me from the canada day thread (alexis put one of me passed out and there's another one a little further on).