Jambands.ca

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Basher

I know this was a first show for many, as it was for me.

Today in Phish History

1999-07-20mo.jpg

07/20/99 Molson Amphitheatre, Toronto, ON

Set I: Chalkdust Torture, Sample in a Jar, Cars Trucks Buses, The Sloth, The Divided Sky, Waste, Ghost, Wilson, You Enjoy Myself

Set II: Twist, The Moma Dance, What's the Use, Train Song, Also Sprach Zarathustra, Misty Mountain Hop

Encore: Guyute, Hello My Baby

Fun show. I was there that night, along with all other Toronto Phish shows (starting with the '92 show at the Spectrum on Danforth).

I was able to fenagle (sp?) my way backstage after that Molson Amph show. Mike and Fish came out and mingled. I remember (the foggy haze that it is) that I turned around and Mike was right behind me. Couldn't believe how small he was . All I could muster up to ask him was "where did the Zeppelin come from tonight?" He grined and said "I don't know" :)

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Check out the Spectrum setlist ...

Saturday, December 12, 1992

The Spectrum, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Set I: Llama, Foam, Sparkle, Cavern, Reba, The Landlady, Split Open and Melt, Poor Heart, All Things Reconsidered, Bouncing Around the Room, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Maze, Glide, The Curtain, Tweezer, Rift, Guelah Papyrus, You Enjoy Myself, If I Only Had a Brain, The Squirming Coil, Golgi Apparatus

Encore: Ride Captain Ride, Tweezer Reprise

Show Notes: This show marked the band's first ever Canadian headlining performance. Listen for Davy Crockett teases in YEM and in the vocal jam. Brain was played for the first time since June 23, 1992 (59 shows) and Ride Captain Ride was played for the first time since April 14, 1990 (296 shows).

the misty mtn hop was such a treat!! i too was disappointed with guyute, they played it so many times that tour.

mattyp there were also vancouver shows in 94 and 95 (in addition to the others posted), in case you were still wonderin...

but they ignored us after 99! grrrr :P

Edited by Guest

first show. acid. whats the use.

i heard just last weekend or somewhere that they wanted to play misty mtn but they didnt know all the words or chords so warren showed them backstage. i honestly cant remember if the mule bus was there that tday, maybe its bullshit, maybe warren was there, i wish he woulda came out with em for the misty mtn hop if he was there.

the next years toronto show i finangled first row, trey side. loved every damn second of that lonnnngggg first set