Jambands.ca

Les @ the Phoenix tonight--> 6:30 start??

slouchy

Just got off the phone with a guy @ the Phoenix. Told me the doors open @ 6:00 and the show begins @ 6:30 (early show that will end around 9).

Never been to the Phoenix before for a show, never been to a show that ended @ 9:00!!

Any inside information I should know about?? They just tryin to get us there to buy beers until Mr Claypool arrives??

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks folks,

That's just poor planning on the promoter and sounds like it might have been a last minute addition to Les's tour...A FRIDAY NIGHT SHOW STARTING AT 6:30 AND ENDING AT 9:00??? Pretty lame...G. Love recently RAWKED the Phoenix and it went late, 1:00/1:30-ish...

Phoenix is a great venue though...two thumbs down for the promoter on this one... :P

It was great to see the many faces of Les last night. Too bad it left me craving more and more. I honestly thought when I bought these tickets that I'd be in for a hell of a night. Very surprising that @ 9 o clock it was time for us to leave. The funny thing was that everyone left and the place was dead (i'm certain possibly for a couple hours). Left dissapointed after all (of course not by the music) but a 2hour set!! THey were just getting warmed up.

ANyone have any tips on not purchasing tickets to shows like this?? Was it perhaps because it was a Friday at a club?(like most have said). the lousiest thing about this was that I started my holidaze this night and could have headed up north instead of going to this show.

If I hadda known better I prolly woulda just skipped the show to get a head start up north.

Anyways, just my 2 cents, great show, just short.

We were standing by the door and just as the band left the stage at the end of the encore, we saw some poor folks just getting inside. They were not too happy.

You really can't blame them for not knowing about the early start time. How many times do you go to a club show that says 8:00 or 9:00 on the tickets and the band doesn't even come on until 11:00 or 12:00.

I hope they got their money back as it was a pricey show ($76 with fees for 2 tix).

That's just poor planning on the promoter and sounds like it might have been a last minute addition to Les's tour...A FRIDAY NIGHT SHOW STARTING AT 6:30 AND ENDING AT 9:00??? Pretty lame...G. Love recently RAWKED the Phoenix and it went late, 1:00/1:30-ish...

Phoenix is a great venue though...two thumbs down for the promoter on this one... :P

I'm willing to assume that the promoters would have preferred a normal later start for a Friday night but if this was the only date available for a Claypool gig on this tour, and that was the only venue they work with that could host the show, they felt it would be better to have an earlier show than none at all.

It was great to see the many faces of Les last night. Too bad it left me craving more and more. I honestly thought when I bought these tickets that I'd be in for a hell of a night. Very surprising that @ 9 o clock it was time for us to leave. The funny thing was that everyone left and the place was dead (i'm certain possibly for a couple hours). Left dissapointed after all (of course not by the music) but a 2hour set!! THey were just getting warmed up.

Since when is a two-hour concert a cause for disappointment? Most performers are on stage for approximately that long.

ANyone have any tips on not purchasing tickets to shows like this??

Have you tried actually checking the website of the band and/or the venue to find the start time before purchasing your ticket?

les even made fun of it stating that it was the 'matinee' performance...I remember missing a TMBG show a couple years ago under similar circumstances...I missed the first couple notes but got in just in time. Fun show, couple primus teases but no tunes, and two of the most amazing drummers ever...they never stopped!! The one played a full kit...very full kit, and the other had vibes, tablas, toms, hand drums, craziness! Also the first time I've ever seen anyone pull off a distorted guitar solo on a ukelele....