Jambands.ca

Springrolls so good they deserve their own thred!

Ms.Huxtable

bouche and I finally checked out The Dumpling Shoppe at 628 Somerset West (Around Bronson). It's a little set back from the rest of the store fronts so it's often overlooked and it has free parking.

Now onto my new addiction. They have uncooked, frozen, SHRIMP AND MANGO SPRINGROLLS that are to die for. I'm being dead serious when I say they're 10 times better than any other springroll I've ever had. They cook very easily in oil at home and have turned out perfect for us on the two occasions we've tried them.

The Dumpling Shoppe also has great wontons and dimsum buns and like everything else in China Town, they're cheap! We'll be regular customers there.

Edit to Add: They make everything right there in the shop. The supply most of china town with their goods.

any suggestions then?

I assume you want make your own Asian noodle dominated dinner? If so, head to Chinatown and look for a Chinese grocery store - there's quite a few good ones on Spadina, both north and south of Dundas. You can't go wrong. Or, try snooping around Kensington Market.

sorry, i was referring to vietnamese noodle house like places.

A good and cheap Vietnamese/Chinese/Thai restaurant is Ginger. There's three of them: Gerrard & Yonge; Church & Wellesley; Hayden & Bloor (Yonge & Bloor). Their chicken noodle soup kicks serious ass.