Jambands.ca

Derek Trucks Band @ Chaps in Hamilton -1992

briguy

I was just looking at past tour dates over on dtbsetlists.com and noticed Derek played in Hamilton on April 8th 1992. He would have been 13 years old. Anyone in Hamilton recall this? I think MarcO and I hung out at Chaps around that time when we would see DJ Jones & The Perfect Notes. Wow that just brought back memories.

I was just looking at past tour dates over on dtbsetlists.com and noticed Derek played in Hamilton on April 8th 1992. He would have been 13 years old. Anyone in Hamilton recall this? I think MarcO and I hung out at Chaps around that time when we would see DJ Jones & The Perfect Notes. Wow that just brought back memories.

I used to go there occasionally during that time period to see DJ Jones, too - but of course I didn't know either of you fine gentlemen back then.

I wouldn't have known who Derek Trucks was at the time - I only found out about him in 1993, when he sat in with the Allmans for a few songs at Kingswood.

I didn't see that Hamilton gig.

However, I first saw Derek when he was a young 'un around that time. I heard this killer slide guitar coming from the main beer tent at the CNE. I wandered in and couldn't believe it was this little blonde-haired kid on stage rippin' it up!!!

He was interviewed on MuchMusic around the same time IIRC. Was that 1991? Anyone?

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

I didn't see that Hamilton gig.

However, I first saw Derek when he was a young 'un around that time. I heard this killer slide guitar coming from the main beer tent at the CNE. I wandered in and couldn't believe it was this little blonde-haired kid on stage rippin' it up!!!

He was interviewed on MuchMusic around the same time IIRC. Was that 1991? Anyone?

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

I could have sworn I saw him play on MuchMusic when he was that age or around that time. I had no clue who he was, at that time, but I do remember watching a blond kid in a baseball hat with his dad playing slide on Much. I do recall he wasn't all that good back then (age 14...?) so I didn't see the point beyond the gimmick of a kid playing the guitar proficiently.

Anyway, I would have thought Jaimoe whould have that footage at hand or been aware of it....?

Jaimoe? Derek with his dad's band at Much circa '91-'92?