Jambands.ca

Final sale of The Dead recordings

\/\/illy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it does. They are really really awsome...they often play the same set lists as old shows but their jams are all brand new and of their own creation.

I think you should reserve judgement until you see them live. Then again, I never saw the Grateful Dead, so for me, its the closest thing I got...and hey since I never saw em, maybe I don't really have the authority to call them the real deal. But they still sound awsome and put a huge smile on my face.

So maybe the real deal was a poor wording..

Edited by Guest

yeah' date=' but treating them like [b']the real band and selling recordings of shows just seems so odd to me.

That's a ludicrous statement. "...treating them like a real band"? Are they not a group of talented musicians who get together and play music? Am I missing something here? It seems to me that's what constitutes being a 'real' band. Your definition must be different.

Yep, you are missing something here. The word THE. Treating them like THE REAL BAND...not A REAL BAND. I was using the definate article here and that completely changes the statement. phooey

nah, fro'pa, I'm glad you dig them my friend. There are worse ways to spend an evening than listening to great musicians do Dead material all night. I just feel that, in a world of young musicians making new music, a band making a career recreating another bands' shows - even my favorite bands' music - seems a bit redundant in terms of time, energy, money and interest, imo anyway. I think their show would be fun, but I could never take them seriously.

not even close hux...DSO are the real deal man

I would listen to their recording/follow them around anyday

This would make a great documentary. Wookie following around a dead cover band and treating it like it's the real deal.

No' date=' it should be somebody (an actor?) [i']playing the role of a wookie, following a GD cover band around...

Now, when COCO (Cat's On Crack Orchestra, deadicated to reproducing shows by The Tummies in their entirety) gets back on the road, hitch up the wagons, 'cause I'm following them around.

Aloha,

Brad

not even close hux...DSO are the real deal man

I would listen to their recording/follow them around anyday

This would make a great documentary. Wookie following around a dead cover band and treating it like it's the real deal.

Would they be real wookies or cover wookies recreating tales of the lot from the days of yore? Real LSD or cover LSD?

Yep, you are missing something here. The word THE. Treating them like THE REAL BAND...not A REAL BAND. I was using the definate article here and that completely changes the statement. phooey

I stand corrected. I did read that incorrectly. (It might have something to do with the speed I have to ALT-TAB at on account of being at work. ;))

I agree with your statement; treating them like the Grateful Dead would be silly. Treating them like the top-notch band that they are however, makes sense to me.

For the record, they don't only play exact setlists from the days of old but also do their own sets - one of which we'll get to see at the Gathering Of The Vibes!

super-double-phooey