Jambands.ca

Dylan's misquote

bouche

Bob Dylan is being misquoted all over the music news feeds.

Here are the headlines:

Dylan says why not steal music, 'worth nothing anyway'

Noting the music industry's complaints that illegal downloading means people are getting their music for free, he said, "Well, why not? It ain't worth nothing anyway."

Dylan blasts modern recordings

Dylan has released 44 studio albums during his lengthy career, and also took the opportunity to slate digital downloads. "Well, why not?" he said when asked if people should be allowed to download music for free. "It ain't worth nothing anyway".

I know I've read more than this in the last couple of days, but these are the only 2 that I can find at the moment.

I haven't once read him say that people SHOULD download music. His comment about how commercial music really sucks is being taken WAAAAY out of the place it was meant to be.

His comment about how commercial music really sucks is being taken WAAAAY out of the place it was meant to be.

Holy crap!! Agreed. I was listening to the radio yesterday and the way it was relayed to the listeners was: Dylan said modern music was crap - he hasn't heard anything worthwhile in the last 20 years.

They left it at that and went on to the next tidbit...