Jambands.ca

Deadwood starts tonight on History!!

Jaimoe

Deadwood is one of the best shows I've seen in long while. It's another great and gritty series from HBO. It's based on real life characters in the real life frontier town called Deadwood. Drinking is an almost mandatory viewing requirement. Ian McShane is fucking brilliant - same with the rest of the cast. Calamity Jane swears and drinks more like a pirate than a truck-driver. Anyway, lets hope History doesn't edit the fucking show. The dialogue is challenging and profane, but it's like Shakespeare of the wild west. Tonight at 9:00. P.S., I watched episode 10 of season III last night. The show only gets better and better.

deadwood.jpg

At Jaimoe's request we began watching this show a cuople of weeks ago and we are about to finish season 2.

This series is truly wonderful and highly recommended.

I can't believe how good the cast is, and when they add characters, the show gets even better - Gerarld McRaney (Simon and Simon) is fucking incredible as George Hurst (William Randolph Hurst's father and Patty's great grandfather).

• 1 year later...

Season III is the best of them all. Al Swearengen is the best TV villian ever (or is he a villian?). Deadwood is the best western I've ever seen, including films by Hawks, Ford, Peckinpah, Sturges and Anthony Mann.

BTW, the real Al is third from the right (and yes, this a picture from the real Gem Theatre Bar):

GemTheaterBar.jpg

Edited by Guest