Jambands.ca

Don't forget about Rose Hill Drive Tonight at the Shoe

Cully

Do not miss this band!!! They are one of my favs right now...they play some amazing 'balls to the wall' rock and roll!!!

Tuesday Sep 05: DAVE BOOKMAN’S NU MUSIC NITE (w/102.1)

V2 ‘Gosling’ @12:00,’Rosehill Drive’ @11:10, MONTREAL ‘Mission District’ @10:20 & ‘Elixir Act’ @9:30. No Cover.

They are also playing in Buffalo tommorow night with Gosling at Nietzsche's for 8 bucks!!!!

Edited by Guest

Jesus Fuck, did this band blow my face off.

I first heard of Rose Hill Drive about two and a half years ago. I had gotten way into the North Mississippi Allstars and RHD was playing a series of dates with them in the States. The North Mississippi message board was on fire with people saying, "Holy shit, you MUST check out this opening band."

I downloaded a bunch of Rose Hill Drive live cuts and loved them. They hadn't done a record so there was nothing to buy. I grooved to these killer cuts for about six months and relentlessly checked their tourdates, but they never even came close to Toronto. I lost track of them.

Two and a half years later, they've finally just released their debut record, and by some miracle, ended up at the Horseshoe tonight.

The rumour is that the guitar player is 21 years old, which would have made him 18 or 19 when I first heard of the band.

In short, a fucking balls-to-the-wall Zeppelin/Sabbath 70's power trio blowjob. Skull-crushing riffs? Check. Lengthy, in-depth instrumental excursions? Check. Powerful vocals and lyrics? Check. All-around "this band fucking kills it better than any band I've seen in a long time" factor? Fucking check, bitches. This band kills it, and anybody on this message board for love of rock will love them.

RHD_wp.jpg

If my memory serves me correctly Rose Hill Drive played Guelph at Jimmy Jazz last November maybe? I caught up with NewRider that night. I was at The Vinyl checking out Grand Theft Bus and NewRider dragged me over to check those guys out. If it was infact them, I'm in total agreement with all you folks. These guys are out of hand.