Jambands.ca

My Anniversary review...

rubberdinghy

I thought I'd share since it was one of the most relaxing days I've had in a long time....and if you can spare a day...I'd highly recommend it.

First off,

Happy 3rd Anniversary Voodoolady!

It all started with a nice sleep-in. Woke-up around 10am. We milled around a bit had some breaky and coffee, then got reaky for the unbelievable day that was about to take place.

Time for lunch...decided to go to "The Table" for some tasty and healthy organic vittles. (wierd for me, I know) Feasted on mushroom lasagna, mexican rice and beans, fried tofu patties, roasted red pepper pesto penne. You know, all the goods.

After that, we drove up to Old Chelsea Quebec to enjoy our day at Le Nordik Spa Scandinavie. Holy Shitball, what a place. Set back off the road in the Gatineau hills is the little piece of heaven. Complete with Waterfall, Hottubs, pools, saunas, steam rooms, this place had it all. and all outside, remember it was raining yesterday in Ottawa. The deal with this place is that you go into the sauna or steam bath and sweat all your toxins out, then jump into a cold pool, or under the waterfall to clean all those toxins off, then relax, either indoors, or fireside for a bit to get your "rythm back."

Christ, nothing beats that feeling, me and stephie hit the sauna as soon as we got there, worked up a pretty good sweat then hit the cold pool...Invigorating!!! Now we decided to go sit by the outside fireplace, and warm up. I'll tell you this much...Sitting outside, fireside, in the rain, in the middle of the beautiful hills has got to be one of the greatest things to do in your own backyard. It was almost time for our massage so we jumped in the hot-tub to loosen up our muscles.

Next on tap was an hour long swedish massage, which further heightened the experience. There was no happy ending ;) but by far one of the best massages I have ever had. Now what to do...

OFF TO THE STEAM ROOM. Goodness me, I have never sweated so much in my life, and I guess they also put some Eucalayptis (sp) in the steam. Works wonders if you are a smoker. Sat in there for a good 10-15 minutes, then off for a quick run under the waterfall. BRRRRRRRRRRR, it was cold, but delicious at the same time. Back fireside...AWESOME! We repeated the above a bunch of time, rotating steam for sauna, waterfall, and cool pool, and finished it up for a nice lie down in a special, lie down room. At this point we've been at this wonderful place for a good 4 hours.

But we are still not down...Jump in the hot-tub one more time, then off to shower off, and get our little treat at the end...CHOCOLATE FONDUE!

We head into the restaurant, order our fondue with some wine, and relax some more. GOOD LORD, here it comes...I thought it was going to be some dinky plate with a microwaved choclate bar in a bowl. WRONG, it was the biggest platter of fruit I have seen, from melons, to oranges, to strawberries, to blueberries, to pineapples, and pears. We didn't even finish it off!

Then we left :(

But we still weren't done.

Next to Big Daddy's Crab shack. I don't know what happened to me yesterday but I actually wanted "seafood" We started off with some Creole Calamari. Delicious, plowed through that plate in under 10 seconds. Main Course. I had myself the Bronzed Atlantic Salmon with Jambalaya rice and fresh veggies. Stephie had Bronzed Chicken breast with Jambalaya Rice, Veggies and four broiled Jumbo Shrimp. Good Lord!!! One of the most delicious meals I've had in a while. Everything tastes better dipped in garlic butter too.

and of course, topped that all of with New York Strawberry Cheesecake.

Got home, it was about 9:30, tried to watch Rockstar:Supernova, but it was bed time. I must have passed out by 10pm.

Hopefully voodoolady didn't want any lovin.

That was our day, I would highly recommend hitting up Le Nordik it's wonderful.