Jambands.ca

Jomomma in Guelph...

eDDie mAx

Hmmmmm... this Friday eh? Maybe, just maybe a trip to Guelph is in order to see the funkiest band ever produced by the Canadian music scene. It's been far too long since I've seen you boys play. I've been missing the funk!

WillY, get your ass out here, me and the boys are going to the show on Friday.

Deeps

I've taped Jomomma a bunch of times (most recently Hallowe'en 2004 at the El Mocambo, along with nero and Contact); they're not (yet) part of the LMA, though. I've never been to a show at Jimmy Jazz, so don't know whether they're OK with it or whether there's anything there that could be co-opted into being a mic stand.

Aloha,

Brad

One trick I've done with my stealth mics (which are omnidirectional) is to tape them to whatever mic stand is in the middle of the stage; if it's one of those multi-part stands, I put the mics just above the "knee", one pointed left, one pointed right. The main downside (aside from it being stage micing, which reduces the crowd feel a bunch) is that you can end up spending a lot of time up near the stage if you want/need to check on things.

Aloha,

Brad

Good show from the guys last night.

They're always smiling when they're playing, I like that.

Turn out could have been better but they were booked against one of our biggest local acts down the street, so a little bit of bad luck on this front.

The boys did have a bunch of people moving for all of their second set.

And were asked for an encore from the 30+ people in the room.

Anywho, nice to see the guys and actually go to a bar where we weren't playing with the Thunder people.

Deeps