Jambands.ca

Who was the last Prime Minister you were proud of

The Chameleon

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough. I've been known to enjoy the occasional spiritous beverage myself, but he'd get ripped on gin sitting in the house of commons with everyone thinking he was drinking water.

hehe.. that's what i consider "SMART". i think i'd go the vodka/water route though.. maybe with a splash of lime. :)

Wait a minute, maybe I do like John A.

haah.. there ya go!

Regarless of all that I still think Jack Layton is the kind of forward thinking PM we need right now.

Someone who is progressive and willing to take a stand on rational foriegn policy. As oppose to the Harper governemt's bend over and lube up approach with the Americans.

Layton all the way.

And wether people voted for Layton or not really is inconsequential in the last election. The reality is that the Conservatives won becuase Paul Martin botched the handling of the sponsership scadal. The PC had to win due to that fact. Sad.

Canadians need to vote conservatives in ever 10yrs or so to remind us of why we don't vote Conservative.

Edited by Guest

I also think Ghandi would make a good Canadian Prime Minister but he has the same chances as Layton I'm afraid to tell you.

The political ground game is my job folks, there are ridings that the NDP for historical, demographic, and philosophical reasons will simply never ever ever win.

If you can show me the 120+ ridings needed for the NDP to form a government I will gladly have that debate.

So we should all vote Liberal than.

Personally I think the two party system in the states is a joke. The Liberals are just like the Democrats, pretty much the same, just not quite as in your face about it.

The only federal party I can vote for with a clear conscience is the NDP and guess what they won the seat where I live in the last two elections, by alot, over the conservatives, with the Liberals a distant 3rd.

If more people in this country voted for what they beleived in rather than out of fear that the Conservatives would be elected then the government would be alot healthier.