Jambands.ca

Stuff to do in Quebec City

Douglas

So I'm heading to Quebec City next week (Wed - Sat) and I'll need to entertain myself during the days, and my sister in the evenings.

We'll be staying in old Quebec City, near Les Plaines d'Abraham. We both did the old city tour last fall. I plan on spending some time under a tree with a good book, checking out the latest art work on rue de Tresor, and doing a little shopping.

Entertainment ideas/suggestions?

My mother used to work at the Musee de Fort when she was a young woman. It's like a lit up diorama of les Plaines D'Abraham I believe and it goes through the battle. If you were high or a little drunk or something it wouldn't be that annoying. Any of the real traditional restaurants even the low brow ones are dope for tortiere and real root beer.

Hey

I lived in Quebec City for six years and my girlfriend at the time was a co-owner of La Barberie. Please go and tell everyone that Adam says hello. It's among the best beer in the world and a great bunch of people.

www.Labarberie.com

And the lovely Isabelle is here:

http://labarberie.com/article.php3?id_article=419

and

http://labarberie.com/article.php3?id_article=432

That's the only place you need to know, everything else branches off from there... at least it did for me!

cheers

adambrot

I'm a huge fan of la Barberie. The stout and IPA are fantastic.

You could also do a drive to through the eastern town ships (Cantons de l'Est). There are great beer and cheese manufacturers that you can visit for a sampling. In particular, Warwick, Chambly and Victoriaville are fun towns.

yeah, they are all francophones... but if you say See-vous-play they won't mind practicing a little English with you. There is no admission, except for the requirement of drinking some flavourful beer!

I think Isa works on Thursday nights so be sure to say bonjour indeed. Although we are no longer a couple, we are the bestest of buddies (not bad after a fallout following 5 years of a live-in relationship!).

cheers

adambrot