Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

Guest Low Roller

Tomas Vokoun:

- Drafted by Montreal in the 1994 entry draft.

- Touted as a hot prospect by the Habs organization and brought over to play in Fredericton.

- Even though he was considered too green for the NHL he played his first game as a Canadiens on Febuary 6, 1997 in Philadelphia.

- Got rocked for 4 goals in 20 minutes.

- Lost all his confidence, played average hockey in Fredericton, and subsequently was left unprotected by the Montreal Canadiens during the 1998 expansion draft where he was selected by Nashville.

Learn your history kid.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you mean to tell me that the media and fans were going as insane for Vokoun as they are for Price?

Holy fuck dude. Give your head a shake and stop reading/talking about hockey. Better yet, give it up entirely because pretentious wankers dont work on our side of the pond.

Tomas Vokoun:

- Drafted by Montreal in the 1994 entry draft.

- Touted as a hot prospect by the Habs organization and brought over to play in Fredericton.

- Even though he was considered too green for the NHL he played his first game as a Canadiens on Febuary 6, 1997 in Philadelphia.

- Got rocked for 4 goals in 20 minutes.

- Lost all his confidence, played average hockey in Fredericton, and subsequently was left unprotected by the Montreal Canadiens during the 1998 expansion draft where he was selected by Nashville.

Learn your history kid.

Vokoun has ended up having a decent NHL career.

Wins 161

Losses 161

GAA 2.56

SV% .912

SO 21

The Habs have a history of great goaltending. Yes Price is a prospect but he is the first blue chip prospect the Habs have had in years. EVERY player is a prospect until they play in the show. I am going to be positive about this guy. I see no reason not to be.

Guest Low Roller

I wasn't talking to you.

You, you will never be right. Especially about the english part. People here are dirty, crude, and drink way too much. Your kind of place.

Guest Low Roller

I think that starting him tonight was the right choice rather than in Montreal on Saturday night given the pressure he's already under (but reportedly not showing any signs of stress).

It's mean't to be

On this day 22 years ago, Patrick Roy made his debut for the Montreal Canadiens in Pittsburgh on his way to the Hall of Fame. Tonight, Carey Price hopes to start a similar journey when he makes his much-anticipated Habs debut in Pittsburgh.

The last four Canadiens' rookie goalies have won their first starts (Jaroslav Halak, Yann Danis, Mathieu Garon, Jose Theodore). It's notable that Habs legend Ken Dryden also made his pro debut in Pittsburgh back in 1971.