Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Great game and totally entertaining for both sides.

Good work on still sucking.

I really do wonder why it is that the Ottawa and Montreal fans here have such a hard time making a post without a dig at the Leafs every time. Isn't that what everybody complains that the average Leaf fan does to their teams???

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Great game and totally entertaining for both sides.

I really do wonder why it is that the Ottawa and Montreal fans here have such a hard time making a post without a dig at the Leafs every time. Isn't that what everybody complains that the average Leaf fan does to their teams???

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

I don't that's the problem at all. The problem is Leaf fans over estimating the value of the players on their team. They are always thinking they are one player away from the cup. Of course this originates from Leaf ownership and management.

The are duped into believing the hype that is created around the players. The mismanagement of talent in the Leafs organization over the last 30 years is laughable.

I thought with the salary cap and a new GM that things may have improved. Thankfully the Leafs proved me wrong and everything was good in the world. Here's an interesting article I read the other day...

[color:blue]"Fergie-nomics: Not only do the Leafs have the worst defensive stats in the NHL while playing 5-on-5, they also have the highest paid blue line in hockey. Does that make sense? If you do the math, Bryan McCabe and the injured Pavel Kubina combined earn more than 17 six-man defence units in the league. Alone, the struggling McCabe is being paid more than Chris Pronger, Scott Niedermayer, Wade Redden, Ed Jovanovski and Rob Blake and he isn't in any of their leagues. And to think, many out there still believe John Ferguson is deserving of a contract extension. Sometimes you get what you pay for, or in Ferguson's managerial style, sometimes you don't ... When Andrew Raycroft came to the Leafs he sported just about the worst goals against average and worst save percentage in hockey. As of yesterday, Raycroft was 25th in goals against average and 28th in save percentage ... The Anaheim Ducks, with Pronger and Niedermayer -- arguably the best two defencemen in hockey -- on the same team, pay $16.2 million US for their blue line. The Leafs' price is $19.6 million. The NHL average is $12 million, which is less than McCabe and Kubina earn, according to the NHL Players' Association."

AHHHH Toronto Dont't ever change :)

Now I know there are fans of all teams that act like idiots (even me at times) but mostly they are realistic about their teams chances.

I can't begin to tell you how many friends of mine who are Leaf fans have gone on about the SO win over the Habs on Saturday. You would think they had won the Stanley Cup. What they fail to see is that the Leafs blew a 2 goal 3rd period lead and gave the Habs a point. Sure I wish the Habs had won the shootout but they were handed a point.

The Leafs are the NHL's Chicago Cubs

Taking shots at the Leafs and their fans is a Canadian past time and the right of every citizen. It's just like going to Timmies every morning. It's in our blood.

[color:red]GOOOOO HABS!!!!!!!!!!!

"Me, myself and I. That's Kovalev's motto. He punishes everybody because he's not playing up to his expectations."

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/story.html?id=90677330-c72c-4d7f-95d2-fbf03f019a07&k=31241

But the Russian veterans took more heat Sunday from one of the greatest Canadiens of all time - Guy Lafleur, who works for the team in a community relations capacity.

In his weekly column in Le Journal de Montreal, likely written before Saturday night's game, Lafleur, who never minces his words, blasted both players for putting themselves ahead of the team.

And he urged head coach Guy Carbonneau to assert his authority, even scratch them from the lineup for some games if he must, to prevent dissension from spreading on the team.

"Me, myself and I, that's Kovalev's motto," Lafleur wrote. "He punishes everybody because he's not playing up to his expectations."