Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Another one goal game and 5 out of a possible 6 points to start the season... I'm having flashbacks of last year.

It looks like Carbonneau has a lot of faith in Smolinski as he was playing on the first line with Higgins and Koivu by game's end.

I love the white mask that Price was wearing. I say that he keeps it.

And continuing Red Fisher's countdown of the top trades:

#6 Frank Mahovlich

Mahovlich came to the Canadiens for three players: Mickey Redmond, Bill Collins and Guy Charron, on January 13th, 1971.

Guest Low Roller

Here's the rest of Red Fisher's countdown to the top 10 best trades by the Montreal Canadiens:

#5 Peter Mahovlich

Dealt to Montreal, along with Bart Crashley, by the Detroit Red Wings in exchange for Garry Monahan and Doug Piper on June 6, 1969

#4 John Ferguson

Dealt to Montreal by Cleveland for cash in June, 1963

#3 Patrick Roy

Roy was selected in the third round of the 1984 entry draft, a choice acquired by sending Robert Picard to Winnipeg on Nov. 4, 1983.

#2 Ken Dryden

Rights dealt to Montreal by Boston with Alex Campbell for Guy Allen and Paul Reid in June 1964

#1 Guy Lafleur

Taken No. 1 overall by Montreal in the 1971 amateur draft, a choice acquired the previous season from the Oakland Seals for Ernie Hicke and the Canadiens' first-round choice in 1970.

Guest Low Roller

It's a shame about last night's game. These are the missed points that will hurt down the stretch. Suddenly a team that got 5 out of a possible 6 points to start the season sits at 6 out of a possible 10.

Carbonneau is not getting much love from the media right now about benching Begin without giving a reason. Begin even admitted that he had no idea why he was benched.

Last year when Carbonneau unexpectedly benched Craig Rivet, Rivet was traded a couple of days later.

Can we start to unnecessarily speculate about a trade?

Tomas Kostopoulos is probably losing the favour of Carbonneau as well as Tomas' ice time has gone from 16 minutes a game to under 9 in just 5 games... On the flipside Smolinski is getting more responsibility from Carbonneau.

Will Price start against Ottawa?

Guest Low Roller

He's UFA at the end of the season. With Price and Halak in the system it has been suggested that the Habs might trade Huet and go with Price/Halak rather than risk losing Huet for nothing.

Interestingly Huet is the last player in the Habs organization that can be traced back to the Patrick Roy trade:

1- December 6th, 1995

Patrick Roy was traded with Mike Keane to Colorado for Jocleyn Thibault, Martin Rucinsky, and Andrei Kovalenko.

2- November 18th, 1998

Jocelyn Thibault was traded with Dave Manson, and Brad Brown to Chicago for Jeff Hackett, Eric Weinrich, and Alain Nasreddine.

3- January 23rd, 2003

Jeff Hackett was traded to San Jose for Niklas Sundstrom and a 3rd round pick in 2004.

4- June 26th, 2004

The 3rd round pick in 2004 was traded with Mathieu Garon to Los Angeles for Radek Bonk and Cristobal Huet.

it has been suggested that the Habs might trade Huet and go with Price/Halak rather than risk losing Huet for nothing.

If I have this SAME FUCKING CONVERSATION with you every year, I am going to lose my shit on your ass. Now put on your Memory Hat and recall this former player:

Sheldon Souray

Guest Low Roller

Why do you think that I am saying these things? Do any of my sentences start with "I think that" or "In my opinion"?

Stop being a stubborn old man because I'll keep standing on your lawn. The Habs kept Sheldon because he would make or break their chances to make the playoffs. No other reason. If they were definitely out of the playoffs he would have been gone.

The Habs kept Sheldon because he would make or break their chances to make the playoffs. No other reason. If they were definitely out of the playoffs he would have been gone.

Thanks for making this so easy for me to type:

The Habs will keep Huet because he will make or break their chances to make the playoffs. No other reason. If they are definitely out of the playoffs he will be gone.

If there is a taker (somewhat doubtful).

Why would you even point out that morons are "suggesting" that Huet might get traded Roller?

Because you are a fucking idiot and belong on separate Habs boards with the other bickering teenagers who are questioning every move by Carbo.

Please. Make everyones lives easier and start cheering for the Leafs because that is where you belong.

If one of our stupid forwards would score on one of their many opportunities we would be winning these games.

Taking a penalty when up 1 - 0 with two minutes to go is stupid.

The Habs out played Florida last night but didn't get the result. It happens in hockey. We can have all the great goaltending we want but scoring 1 goal when we have 30 + shots will not help us win many games.