Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(this one is for you Roller because you didnt appear to be online tonight)

A Goaltending Controversy In Montreal? You Heard It Here First

The continued story of our favorite hockey team enjoying a great period but not finishing their chances continued in the first tonight, possibly topped by Koivu missing the most open net of the season. The second period began with a minute penalty kill and then witnessed Big Tits scoring a great second chance goal but one that Niittymaki probably wanted back. Shortly after I missed a fair chunk until the end of the period when once again MTL had a great chance. A 2 on 1 with under 10 seconds to go but Higgins held onto the puck too long before trying either a pass or shot yet weakly sent it into a stretched out Flyer laying along the hice.

A well killed off 5 on 3, minus Hamrlik’s stick ended with a gorgeous rendition of Ole by the energetic ‘only in MTL’ fans. The penalties were coming fast and furious while MTL couldn’t muster crap. Halfway through the last period I didnt recall a shot on goal for the homies but Philly must have had at least 10. Price was playing a very inspired game and mustered the mustard. Demi-Godlike. Shortly thereafter the CH’ers found themselves on a 3 on 1 with about 7 minutes to go with a glorious set up by Latendresse to Dandenault but the shot went wide, I believe. I was glad it didnt haunt them. Another powerplay opportunity came about and not much in the way of any chances helped the team. The rest of the game exhibited Philly pounding away, trying to get a tying goal but it didn’t come.

A very entertaining game aside from the stress on my heart during that VERY weak third period finds Les Brahs 2 points back. Ole.

Guest Low Roller

Well I missed both games which kinda sucked, but Les Brahs (I give in and will use Booche's designation) finally got some secondary scoring in that second game... Bouillon, Koivu, Lapierre, and Ryder... This is EXACTLY what the Habs needed.

Who centered the third line if Smolinski was benched? Begin?

Guest Low Roller

Grabovski is on a tear!

Grabs is making a strong case for being called back up to the Habs sooner than later... In three games in three nights over the week-end, Grabs basically singlehandely carried the Bulldogs to three wins with 10 points (5G, 5A).

grabstt2.jpg

Edited by Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Where are they now?

J.J. Daigneault: assistant coach with the Hartford Wolf Pack in the AHL.

daigneault_jj.jpg

Sylvain Lefebvre: Assistant coach with the Lake Erie Monsters in the AHL.

lefebvre_mtl_tall.jpg

Mike Keane: Captain of the Manitoba Moose in the AHL (Canucks).

keanedb9.jpg

Brian Hayward: Television Colour Analyst, Anaheim Ducks

HAYEARD761.jpg

Peter Mahovlich: Professional Scout, Atlanta Thrashers

img3446745med.jpg

Pierre Mondou: Scout with the New Jersey Devils

mondou.JPG

Guest Low Roller

According to RDS, Les Brahs have picked up Guillaume Latendresse's older brother Olivier from the Central League's Arizona Sundogs...

He will join the Cincinnati Cyclones in the ECHL.

No word if this was a trade, a waiver pick-up, or a freebie.

After signing undrafted Brock Trotter last week, it's obvious that Gainey is restocking the farm system in anticipation of losing several Bulldogs to free agency over the summer.

Mantreal Canedien facking assholes. They play like crep. Two big weens this weekend heh? Fak you. They are just lacky teem with no talant and terrible kepten. Koivu look like bug. I crosh him like litel ant.

Maybe I no talk like thees if Canedien dont treet me like manky shit. Last year, I play stending on my head in Hemilton weech look like public toilets in Prague. Nathing to do in this stupid city but masturbate. I do it much. I like to do it. Eneyway. I play like rock star all year in smelly Hemilton and Bulldag gonna make playoff. Then I see that Cristoball Hueet (do I say the T or no?) get hurt in penis and Davide Aebercombie have to play all games in important playoff putsch, sorry, push. Aebercombie play like aborted donkey and Mantreal have serious problem to no make playoff.

Ring ring, my phone rings and now my meneger tell me to go to Mentreal. I so heppy to go out of this crepy Hemilton that I urinate on hotel room bed and in Hemilton city hall. Maybe made white pee too. I don't remember. So I go to Mantreal, and I stand on my head for first game, then second one, and I do this many time.

I look in peper in morning and every days I see Mentreal in higher place on the peper then the day before. I ask myself if the meneger of the peper have to make top of page longer because Mentreal go higher on page everyday. What if no room? Meneger of peper not call me back.

So I play good for 2 manths in Mentreal. Sometime coach tell Aebercrombie to play and he make shit in net. So they tell me to play for good. In my time in Mentreal, I started see Cristoball in dressing room. His penis getting stronger and bigger so i got scared about he going to my net and not me. I also no want to go beck to Hemilton where I make pee. So on last day of year I see Cristoball in room. He penis look good. Really good. Coach say, hey cristo good penis! you play tonight in Torronto.

I say no coach! Big game! I want to play Torronto! Coach say Huwet have good penis and he have to go in net. But that I needed to help Hemilton to win cap in playoff. I watch game form bench in Torronto. Huewet make very big poop and Mentreal don't have playoff. People in crowds with Mentreal sweter say they kill our children. Coach put knife to Kovalev throat. Big mess. I say, I no like Mentreal, I miss Hemilton. Want to make cap win there.

I go back to Hemilton after getting screw fram Canedien. Bulldag, my team all the year. I arrive in dress room and i see big man putting pads in my place in room. I say to him, Hello big and quiet boy, please move, this is my place. So then then coach who hear this tell me, no no, Jaroslav, this is new goalie, Cari Price. He play here now. He play tonight and every game. You just practice and make stew for team.

I not play one game in playoff. We win chempionship and I dont do anything. Facking Price do everything and even make lav to my girlfriend.

So now this year I say maybe Mantreal will trade me. No they keep me in Hemilton and ask me to play well. Price in Mentreal, not me. But he make some shit in net and I go to Mentreal to help. I dont play even one game, only help twice when Hwet have penis problems. I go beck to Hemilton when Price play good.

Fak you Mentreal. I saw games with Filadefphia. Ypu play like shits.

1st game

In Mentreal you only score one goal. You loozers. Stupid Kartstitsoon score on back like clown. Very ugly goal. Nitoomackee bad in net. Price play alone in thirs period with two minute 5 on 3. He stop everything because lacky. No talent, just bad Phladelfia with no talent. Mentreal play bad. Look.

Kovalev: 0 goals

Koivu: 0 goals

Plekanc: 0 goals

Ryder: eat pupcorn

Begin: 0 goal

Higgines: 0 goals

Price: 0 goals

Latendresse: 0 goals

Lapierre: fat and 0 goals

Kostopoo: 0 goals and 1 soupena

Oburn: 0 goals

Markov: 0 goals

Hamerlik: 0 goals

0 goals, 0 goals. So bad.

So now you give yourself blowjab because you win and you happy. But you play so bad because you only score one clown goal and everybody in Flodelfia no play because hurt penis.

2nd game

In Pheelie, Merntral you think you gonna win again because you so tuf. Ha! You play so bad. Plekanec make very bad pass from backhand in back of net and he sooo lacky Kovalev stay in front of net and score ugly goal. Then big Phieeladephia score so quick becase you so bad. Price is weak like lady bug with maltiple sclerosis. Then Mantreal you score again lacky goal because Josh Gerogie so pussy no want to fight. He no fight and then Boiullon score goal alone becase everybody in phladlehia players stay behind to fight like men. But no! Gierogie is so woman he no fighjt and Mentreal sneeky player continue to skaet like cowards and score goal alone. Shame on you Mentreal to play like Romanian gypsies.

Then Philadefia no want to play the pussies no more and just skate for two periods to just finish game. so Mentreal score more goals. Even one with Neetomakee on bench and nobady in Philoodephia net! Hahahaha! That no count! Then with game almost finish Price make a big crap and Philadephia score and I think they should win game becaase they score last.

You not in first Mentreal, only four because top 3 is for men teams, you are woman team.

If you make playoff don't call me if Hwet have hurt penis, I won't come back. I will win trophy in Hemilton. I go drown Yan Danis now.

Guest Low Roller

Word going around the newsboards (yes, I am that sad), is that Olivier Latendresse was obtained for Cory Urquhart.

Cory is notable for being a complete bust in the AHL and failing to care enough in the ECHL. He was drafted in 2003, the same year as Big Tits, Lapierre, Rhino Burn, Locke, and Halak. Urquhart was UFA at the end of the season.

Trades don't get any more minor than this (if it is in fact true since it's not being reported anywhere but RDS).

Canadiens targeting an 'impact player'

If there is a big player to be found at the NHL general managers' meetings, it could be Bob Gainey.

While the Montreal Canadiens' general manager has long been known as an executive who keeps his cards close to his chest, the team is rumoured to be targeting as many as three high-impact players going into next Tuesday's trade deadline.

Calgary Flames forward Alex Tanguay - who has the all-familiar no-trade clause - has been downplaying trade speculation for much of this season.

But as Deadline Day approaches, there is reason to believe he might get moved. And once again, the Canadiens are rumoured to be the target as Gainey admitted Tuesday he's in the market for an offensive boost.

Related Info

"We have flexibility," he told reporters on Tuesday afternoon. "We have players young enough that they can go back and forth from the AHL to the NHL, so we'd be looking at the opportunity for a specific player, whether that comes by or not."

When asked what type of player he would be looking for, Gainey replied, "like an impact player."

According to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, Tanguay - who could go to the Canadiens for forward Michael Ryder and a draft pick - is one of a few other players Gainey is pushing for. The other two are Atlanta's Marian Hossa and, interestingly enough, Toronto's Mats Sundin.

The Flames have also shown interest in all of the big name players, including Sundin and Florida Panthers centre Olli Jokinen.

"The difference between good and great is that top player or that top hole or whatever you want to call it," he said Tuesday. "I think everybody's looking for that same thing."

Vancouver Canucks general manager Dave Nonis is also trying to add a scoring forward and perhaps, a defenceman to offset injury issues on the blueline. But based on the conversations that he's been having, Nonis is not confident he'll find the right fit because he can't overpay for such help.

"We're not deep enough to throw out quality young players from our team into deals for rental players," he said. "Would we move them for other young players under contract? We would do that. We would move for older players under contract. But we're not in a position to move our younger players for guys who might not be here next year."

Toronto's Cliff Fletcher says he's gathering information this week and won't be making his deals in Florida, although humourously, he says there have been offers.

"There have been a few rowboats offered for a battleship," he told reporters with a smile. "But seriously, it's all preliminary negotiations. As I used to say when I was in Toronto before, ask me if it's in the front burner or back burner and there's nothing on the front burner right now."

JesusFuckingChrist. I cant believe what I just seen tonight. Best win in years. RYDER!

Wanna hear a weird coincedence. Ole Ole Ole Ole started up on this Mark Knopfler show I was listening to right as Les Brahs won. I swear to God. Ask Badams, we were on the phone together and I put the receiver near the speaker. That was the best comeback I have seen since the Bills popped Warren Moon and the Oilers. Huge.

I am speechless. Down 5 nothing and getting 2 points? The Rangers handed the momentum to our boys as soon as they went into their NFL's version of the 'protect' defense. You shouldnt do that in football and you cant do that in hockey. Never ever.

Its that simple. Ole Ole.