Jambands.ca

Christmas, Chocolate, and Lauzon!

bradm

I just checked the Dusty Owl reading schedule, and it lists

December 17th: Chocolate House for the Ottawa Food Bank

Featuring guitarist Dave Lauzon, chocolate drinks and glowsticks - our annual fundraiser for the Ottawa Food Bank.

Last year's show was a blast, and a wonderfully intimate one (I think Swizzles is smaller than Dekcuf...); this year should be even better.

Aloha,

Brad

• 1 month later...

I don't have any definitive word, but this needs a bump anyway, so here's some confusing info: Swizzles recently had a fire, so is currently undergoing repairs, which may or may not be done by Dec. 17. The Dusty Owl webpage says

Readings for the next month or so will be held at Mother Tongue Books, 1067 Bank Street (with our sincere thanks.) We're hoping the Swiz will be back in action in time for the Christmas Chocolate House

David Lauzon's MySpace page, however, lists the gig as being at Saw Gallery.

So I know it's happening on Sunday, Dec. 17, but am not sure at which of the (at least) three possible places it's going to be.

Aloha,

Brad

Readings for the next month or so will be held at Mother Tongue Books, 1067 Bank Street (with our sincere thanks.) We're hoping the Swiz will be back in action in time for the Christmas Chocolate House

Yeah, there was a fire or something at Swizzles a couple of weeks ago. We could see part of the commotion from our office.

For some reason this thread title made me picture Pablo diving into a huge chocolate fondue pot with a red ribbon around it.

Please tell me he was wearing at least a bathing suit in your vision, and that the "it" around which the red ribbon is tied refers to the fondue pot, and not some other "it"...

Aloha,

Brad

BIG thanks to bradm for starting this thread... I was going to post something here in the next day or two but he was (thankfully) way ahead of me. (The fact that we have been scrambling to make these alternate arrangements in the face of Swizzles being temporarily out of commission is the reason why we're a little more behind than usual... apologies and thanks to all involved.)

Check out what we have on the Dusty Owl Current Event page (I think we owe jambands.ca credit for the photo, I'll remind our webmistress). It was put up earlier today (Thursday 7 December) and is already a little out of date. The start time of this event has now bwwn finalized as 7:00 pm. The address of SAW Gallery is 67 Nicholas Street (at Daly, in the Arts Court building) here in Ottawa.

Please also note: The Slip will not be making a surprise guest appearance.