Jambands.ca

Anyone ever heard of "Pavlo"?

StoneMtn

I've been offered to see this guitarist tonight for free. It sounds like pretty standard flamenco guitar. He's from Toronto, with Greek roots, and I guess he's somewhat known world-wide, although I'd never heard of him before.

I think I'll probably go.

Any knowledge of or opinions on this guy?

Pavlo used to do in-store performances at the Indigo at Bay/Bloor fairly regularly. He probably still does. That store carries his CD's if you're interested in listening to his music beforehand (you don't have to buy one, but you can listen to it there). I think your assuming it's pretty standard stuff is probably accurate. I never heard anything that really stood out for me. He kind of looks like Enrique Iglesias, but not as attractive. Hey, it's free, why not?

Alright. Those are some helpful comments. Thanks.

I actually already listened to some songs on pavlo.net, and watched an interview promising belly dancers and salsa dancers tonight, before I posted. His instrumental tunes are quite good, but the songs with vocals that I've heard weren't so much to my liking.

I'm going. 9th row floors. I'm sure I'll be glad I went.

On the Bravo piece I saw, he talked about his vocal tunes, and how he hadn't thought of himself as a singer, but he wrote a song with lyrics, and his manager (I think) wanted him to play it, so he just did it solo with guitar, and sang it, and his manager was floored.

Aloha,

Brad