Jambands.ca

The Spades this week....

Dr. J

In case anyone happened to miss the flashing grey banner ;)

just a reminder that this week James McKenty & The Spades wiil be in the following locations:

London, ON Tues. Oct.24 @ Call the Office w/Matthew Barber & THe Union Dues

Hamilton, ON - Wed. Oct.25 @ The Casbah w/Matthew Barber & The Union Dues and The Surly Young Bucks

Guelph, ON - Thurs. Oct.26 @ Club Vinyl w/Matthew Barber & The Union Dues

Peterborough, On - Fri. Oct.27 @ The Montreal House

Please Stand By

i just got in from seeing the spades rock the hell out of a pretty much empty bar, opening for matt barber... i stayed for a few songs of his, but i wasnt really that interested.

the spades were killer, though. maybe only 20 people in the bar, but i still bet they get some ass tonite. they demanded everyones attention, and got it, and even managed to get some london folk up dancing by the end of it - no small feat, to be sure, on the best of nights. i dont know many song names, but i think one was called silver ships or something? i really dug that. i love their brand of thrashcountry, and their take on eleanor rigby with chachi singing at the end was really awesome.

hope to see these guys back in town for their own show sometime soon!

the spades were killer, though. maybe only 20 people in the bar, but i still bet they get some ass tonite. they demanded everyones attention, and got it, and even managed to get some london folk up dancing by the end of it - no small feat, to be sure, on the best of nights. i dont know many song names, but i think one was called silver ships or something? i really dug that.

hey guigs glad you were able to make it out. Too bad about the crowd, but first time in town and a Tuesday night and all...that's the way it goes. More important that those who there had a good time.

Been to a lot of Spades' shows and only ever heard the song Silver Ships once (Festival of Lights last summer in Peterborough). Hope this means it will start to make its way into the setlist a bit more. Great song. Interesting to see if it gets done tonight.

yeah, its gotta be tough in an opening slot, first time in a city, when the headliner cant even get people out.... but again, also not surprising being a tuesday in london.... actually one of my favourite shows of 2005 was an empty tuesday night in london - the zoobombs.

anyways, kudos to the boys for treating it like a mega rock show, anyhow - didnt seem to matter to them how many people were there, and i guess it really shouldnt. i bet there's a lot more out for 'em next time.