Jambands.ca

Top earning dead celebrities of the past 12 months

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Forbes.com compiled an interesting list of top earning dead celebrities. #1 was definitely a surprise. Does Kurt Cobain deserve to be #1? It's debatable, however I won't complain at all seeing that I grew up with his music, and it was Courtney Love's sale of her share of Kurt's earnings, presumably to buy drugs, that allowed the King of Grunge to land as the top dead earning celebrity list.

Here's the top 13:

1- Kurt Cobain

2- Elvis Presley

3- Charles M. Schulz

4- John Lennon

5- Albert Einstein

6- Andy Warhol

7- Dr. Seuss (Theodor Geisel)

8- Ray Charles

9- Marilyn Monroe

10- Johnny Cash

11- J.R.R. Tolkien

12- George Harrison

13- Bob Marley

it was Courtney Love's sale of her share of Kurt's earnings, presumably to buy drugs, that allowed the King of Grunge to land as the top dead earning celebrity list.

Yup, that's the explanation I heard as well. I highly doubt that he will be in there next year. I also heard that Einstein is in there almost completely because of the sales of the Baby Einstein video series.

be_logo.gif

Guest Low Roller
... it was Courtney Love's sale of her share of Kurt's earnings ...

she only sold 25% of it. she's not stupid' date=' ya know ;) [/quote']

Ah. I thought she had a 25% share of the profits overall... So she still holds Kurt's virtual short and curlies... Dammit.

Wasn't it the ten year anniversary of Kurt's death too? I'm sure that would have spurred some nostalgia-driven purchases.

Marley at lucky number 13 eh? Larger than life in my opinion...

Just think there Bob would be if his sales weren't banned in as many countries and if all those Lee Perry ripoffs werent still being sold everywhere.