Jambands.ca

the who at the acc last night ...

mark tonin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ollie: I saw the same show at the Gardens in Toronto. I believe it was the "So" tour.

I was at that one too... November '86. I lost it during Sledgehammer. I even found a bootleg recording a couple of years ago. If you're interested in a copy I can make one for you in time for the nero shows. (I think I read that you are coming up for those.)

That was the show, which would have been '86. Why didn't you come up and say 'hello'? lol

Given my night out on the street, I did have front-row centre tickets, and am proud to say that I actually touched the lead-singer-guy's boot. Yep. Revere me.

I proably would not have been able to say boo to anyone that night. My buddy Steve & I were Shroomin n Zoomin. I think tickets were a ridiculous $14 for that show. I'll have to find my stub.

I was at that one too... November '86. I lost it during Sledgehammer. I even found a bootleg recording a couple of years ago. If you're interested in a copy I can make one for you in time for the nero shows. (I think I read that you are coming up for those.)

Really? Wow! I would love it if you had that for me in January. I am, in fact, coming out to nero.

I'll owe ya one after that, for sure!

Just curious: Did Pete go into any solos at the ACC? It seems that he's been not doing solos recently ala Neil Young.

He played a few (brief) solos' date=' about what I expected.

Aloha,

Brad[/quote']

Why would you say that? For the past decade until this tour, Townshend has virtually reinvented his lead playing. He sheds like a mofo, or he did until this tour.

I thinkn Simon has played with the Who in more recent years too, hasn't he?

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Simon sang lead and back-up on Pete's Iron Man album from the late 80's. He also sang back-up on other Pete projects.

As for Pete's lack of lead playing, I remember reading that Pete severely fucked his already fucked up ears on the 2002-03 tours. I think that's why he's all but given up his shredding days. This is a rock tragedy.