Jambands.ca

Dave Lauzon to Headline Third Annual Dusty Owl Chocolate House, 17 December

SteveThe Owl

Dusty Owl Presents The Third Annual Chocolate House!

Sunday December 17

7pm

SAW Gallery, 67 Nicholas Street (at Daly, behind the Rideau Centre)

No Cover

This December we're bringing back our friend Dave Lauzon for a winter-warming evening of music, chocolate, and help for the hungry of Ottawa.

This year the Owl is extremely happy to host the return of Dave Lauzon, formerly of nero, for an evening of acoustic and electrifying musical stylings.

This is a chance to enjoy the holidays the way you should -– with friends, live music, yummy chocolate treats, and refreshing chocolate drinks while supporting our local community.

This is our third annual fundraiser for The Ottawa Food Bank, so we ask you to bring along canned food, dry goods, toiletries, baby food and cash donations to help others this holiday season. Organic food is preferred but by no means mandatory. A limited edition hand-printed poster by Cathy MacDonald-Zytveld will be available to anyone who brings 10 or more food items.

There will also be door prizes, lovingly supplied by Mother Tongue Books, with proceeds also going to the Food Bank. Hot chocolate is provided courtesy of our friends at Bridgehead Coffee.

Please note: due to repairs at our usual venue, Swizzles, we will be holding this reading at 7:00 at SAW Gallery (with our thanks to them for their hospitality.) See you there!

bradm started another thread about this a few days ago here -- as always, thanx, brad!

Edited by Guest

David Lauzon

Sunday, December 17, 2006

SAW Gallery, Ottawa, ON

My Favourite Things >

Carol Of The Bells >

Aslan's Song

re-tuning banter

These Days

Autograph

Echo The Hills

The Apology Song

Night Turns To Day

This Room Has Written A Poem[1]

[1] During Lauzon's set, a clipboard was passed around the room; people wrote lines on the clipboard, and SteveTheOwl read them out as a poem, while Dave played behind him.

Aloha,

Brad

Yes, thanks Dave, your set was incredible, Me and Matt had a great time too. I really dig the new funky upbeat stuff. The sound was just so amazing at the Saw gallery, it took me right in.

Also thanks Steve and Kathy and everyone who puts on the Dusty Owl events. You guys really rock, and sure know how to put on a good time. Kudos to you for all your hard work.

Thanks Brad for taping. Can always count on you :)

Much respect.

Steph

Edited by Guest

I'm a few days late in getting this posted, but it's not for lack of appreciation -- just resting up and stamping out a few last fires.

This year's Chocolate House was another awesome success -- the turnout was great and we raised over $160 in cash and over 100 lbs.(kg? dunno, not good at metric) of food.

I've got lots of thanks to hand out here (if I miss you, let me know)...

bouche and our friends at jambands.ca for helping us get the word out

The staff of SAW Gallery and Club SAW for letting us use the venue -- it was like a homecoming (more on this later)

Mother Tongue Books for generously providing us with raffle prizes

Nick for helping with the postering (in the pouring rain, natch) and K8 for doing the Webby stuff

Bridgehead Coffee for supplying the hot chocolate

Our pals from Swizzles (or its charred remnants) for tending bar

Chris from Dog & Pony Sound for the great sound and lights

everyone who joined in the open set and made it work

Dave for the awesome show

Brad for taping it for posterity, Steve (a different Steve) and Cathy for the photographic record.

Watch www.dustyowl.com for future events and shenanigans of all kinds...