Jambands.ca

The Pursuit of Happyness - The Movie

Cully

I am a huge critic when it comes to a lot of things, including movies. I just got back from the theatre with my folks (a huge tradition with all the Jews on Christmas Eve in Toronto it seems) and I have to say that Will Smith was terrific in this movie.

I was not expecting this movie to do anything for me, but I have to admit that I was fighting away some tears at the end of the film...maybe I am just emotional because of the season.

The pace was a little slow at times, but overall it is a facinating story (although I am not sure if it is worth seeing for $14 on the big screen) Check this one out on video. Happy Holidays.

The season does make you a little misty for sure. I had the 'god bless us everyone' moment watching Christmas Carol last night.

I read an interesting review that said for a movie that was about a beat down man finding redemption whenever the homeless were portrayed in the film it was very disdainful. It was an interesting take I'd have to see the movie to tell.

Merry Christmas Culliford.

I just got back from the theatre with my folks (a huge tradition with all the Jews on Christmas Eve in Toronto it seems)

Sorry but when I saw your post it brought this to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf9nwveSU0w

You're probably sick to death of it -- even if you are a Robert Smigel fan -- but they played it again on SNL this past weekend and I'd had it stuck in my head since last year when they first played it.

(It's the ganging up on the Quakers part I find funny... curse my goyishe Anglican heart...)