Jambands.ca

Doll Packed with Pot :)

Kanada Kev

I wish I could get a doll like this from eBay! Wonder how much the final bid was .

10624351_240X180.jpg

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/10624516/detail.html

China Grove Girl Finds Pot Inside Of Christmas Present Box

POSTED: 5:45 pm EST December 28, 2006

CHINA GROVE, N.C. -- A young China Grove girl unwrapped a Bratz doll on Christmas morning and found a surprise Santa certainly didn’t plant.

Inside the box, under the doll’s head, were three pounds of marijuana.

Rowan County detectives say the drugs landed at the wrong house.

According to investigators, the girl’s mother bought the doll from an auction on eBay. When it was delivered to her apartment, it looked just like it had come straight from the manufacturing plant, so she wrapped it and put it under the tree.

The mother called 911 on Christmas Day when she realized what was in the box.

Capt. John Sifford of the Rowan County Sheriff’s Department said hiding the drugs in merchandise is just another way to move them.

“Drugs are sent through the mail, various services,†he said. “Apparently this mail was meant for someone else.â€

Authorities said the marijuana is worth more than $7,000 on the street.

Edited by Guest

Inside the box, under the doll’s head, were three pounds of marijuana.

i knew a guy that had a friend in washington that would send him xmas presents and would call him and say take off the head ,take off the head the lad said what for he said take off the head and sure enough he took the head off there was his treat

a new pot

Was this supposed to sound like a nursery rhyme, a la Dr. Seuss?

i knew a guy that had a friend in washington

that would send him xmas presents

and would call him and say

take off the head ,

take off the head

the lad said

what for he said

take off the head

and sure enough

he took the head off

there was his treat

a new pot

• 2 weeks later...

It's not just Bratz, but Elmos and puppies too!!! There's always a way

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/badguys/070108/elmo_puppy_dogs_and_other_drug.htm

Elmo, Puppy Dogs, and Other Drug Smugglers

What do Elmo the Muppet and cute, cuddly puppy dogs have in common? They were both caught smuggling dope in 2006.

The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration is honoring '06 with The Year in Pictures, an online photo essay of some of its most noteworthy cases. I'm reprinting here a few of the highlights. (All photos and captions below are courtesy of the DEA.)

We start with a bust that somehow eluded me, of an alleged meth trafficking ring that had the gall to recruit Sesame Street's Elmo to smuggle its dastardly dope. The Elmo dolls each held as much as 4 pounds of meth, which were smuggled by a Latino gang from California to Colorado, according to the feds. The fellow in the suit, holding the suspect below, is Jeffrey Sweetin, special agent in charge of the DEA's Rocky Mountain Field Division. Sources say the muppet was presumed armed and dangerous.

070105badguys-elmo.jpg Oct. 25, 2006: A large methamphetamine distribution organization based in Greeley, Colo., used Elmo dolls to smuggle methamphetamine. The investigation, which began in September 2005, has resulted in the seizure of over 45 pounds of high quality ICE methamphetamine, 1.1 kilos of cocaine, and $59,000 in cash.

As if preying on poor Elmo weren't enough, here's a shot from a February case in which Colombian traffickers smuggled liquid heroin surgically implanted into the bodies of live puppies. Yuk. Talk about bad guys ... (For more shots of the puppies, check out this DEA update.) http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/pressrel/pr020106a.html

070105badguys-dogs.jpg 2006: DEA arrested 22 heroin traffickers based out of Medellin, Colombia, who used puppies to smuggle drugs. The drug traffickers surgically implanted packets of liquid heroin into purebred dogs. All of the puppies who survived were adopted by local families and are still doing well today.

Here's another case, which somehow escaped my attention, of a budding Bay Area entrepreneur who allegedly mimicked popular candy bars and soft drinks with pot-laced recipes. As DEA's Special Agent in Charge Francisco Peña put it, "In a way, this case sort of answers the question, 'What will they think of next?' "

070105badguys-pottarts.jpg March 16, 2006: DEA arrested 12 people in the San Francisco Bay Area and seized hundreds of marijuana-laced candy and soft drinks. Some of the product labels seized by investigators included Stoney Ranchers, Munchy Way, Rasta Reece's, Buddafingers, and Pot Tarts.

Finally, here's a shot of the largest of more than 20 tunnels the feds have uncovered along the U.S.-Mexico border since 9/11. Give the crooks credit for ingenuity, if nothing else.

070105badguys-tunnel.jpg Jan. 26, 2006: DEA and ICE agents uncovered a massive cross-border drug tunnel between the U.S. and Mexico. The cement lined passage linked warehouses in Tijuana, Mexico, and Otay Mesa, Calif. The nearly 1,000-yard tunnel came complete with electricity, ventilation, and over 2 tons of marijuana.