Jambands.ca

Calendars!

bouche

AD has been pumping info into the calendar that I added for Ottawa. I will be adding a Toronto one very shortly and there's already a volunteer to take care of that for now.

I'm going to explore setting these up as RSS feeds as well. There is a bit more tweaking to figure out how to make the list a little bigger to view.

Check it out.

Are only admins (e.g., you, AD) allowed to add events? If so, how would someone like me get an event added to a city's calendar?

It also looks like the calendar only covers January (currently), with no way to look at February or other months after January; will that feature be added?

Aloha,

Brad

i don't know what Bouche is planning for the calendar, but for the time being feel free to send me any listings you want on there.

the info i've posted so far is pretty limited, but once it's not a hundred at a time i'll be adding more details such as ticket information, and other notable stuff.*

*maybe

If it gets too difficult you could set up a form for entering shows which would then be moderated by AD or whoever volunteers for the job. If the show is acceptable, it gets posted, otherwise it gets dumped. That way lots of shows would make it up and the workload for AD would be much less.

Good job anyway. I nominate bradm as also being a show putter upper (I'm not knocking your list AD, it's freaking huge and the best I've seen for ottawa and good job 'cause I've wanted that list forever, it might just make it easier).

the form idea is a good one, not sure if it's possible. i know i've discussed it with bouche momentarily but can't remember the outcome. punkottawa.com has a great form system for submitting shows. ideal really.

i'd like to publically echo the request to see what's happening in february. i've been adding shows tonight but i'm getting into territory that i might have already entered, however there is no way that i can tell to advance the month in the viewable calendar.

there are plenty of events in february, i've even added one for december 28, 2007!

keep the suggestions coming, i don't want to do all this work and have it be useless. if you don't like something, let us know. if you do like something, let us know.

What's the criteria for shows listed on the calendar? I noticed that Ice Cube/Snoop Dogg is up there so I don't think it's restricted to just "jambands" which I think is great since it's nice to see a full calendar of everything available (sometimes you're in the mood for one thing, sometimes it's something else entirely).

Also, to see the events for upcoming months, right now you have to click on say Jan 31 which will bring up the page for that day. On the top of that page is the option to change to another date (pick the date and then press Jump To and it will go there. The <> buttons can be used to move forward and backward by one day.

no criteria. if it's a artsy performance of any kind, send it in.

cooking display, soapbox rant on somerset, whatever. i'm sure someone will want to know about it.

i'm not gonna start listing sports though, as artsy as a hip-check can get.