Jambands.ca

Festival Of Friends in Hamilton this weekend.

DevO

I just stumbled upon the lineup for this weekend's Festival of Friends in Hamilton and the line-up isn't too bad! Check it out if you're in the area. (I'll be missing it unfortunately --- throwing a bash in Peterborough!)

Some notable performers:

Po Girl (w/ one of The Be Good Tanyas)

The Sadies

Cuff The Duke

Luther Wright & The Wrongs

full line-up

This does it for me...

Les Cooper

Steven Elmo Murphy Band

Steve Sinnicks

Jackie Washington

Luther Wright & The Wrongs

David Clayton Thomas and Blood, Sweat & Tears

Blackie & The Rodeo Kings

And to boot my good friend John will be buskin' on his bagpipes most of the day,so stop by and give em a listen.He was the back up piper for Enter the haggis.Great freakin piper...and for hire,weddings,dinner marches etc.

Check out Pailface Boogie at the Hammer Rock Stage on Saturday at around 5pm too!

Pailface Boogie is an eclectic combination of rock, blues, country and funk. Together since November 2000, PFB has set themselves apart from other local bands with their dedication, experience and originality. Trying to follow in the footsteps of their influences, such as The Grateful Dead, Black Sabbath, P-Funk, Tom Waits, and of course Neil Young. These guys are dedicated to finding their own sound, as well as bringing an interactive and entertaining live show to the stage. "As a band our ultimate goal is to play the music we love for as many ears as possible, while always remembering to have a good time"

Well friday I hit the fest.....

Highlights:

cooler of beer(my buddie lives across from the park)

Stress free herb enjoyment

no rain.

The Buskers

Downers:

Cuff the duke

Sadies

Beverly Mahood

Realizing I should have just stayed home.

All in all an extremely boring time,was a relief when Angie said "lets get the fuck outta here".I quicky repled "thank you"

I made it down with a friend and we were commenting on the way there that for some reason we hadn't been to the festival in many years. After about 45 minutes of being there we looked at each other and said, "now I remember why we don't come here, it sucks!" I'm sorry but this is truly one giant waste of time. The only food vendors are Pizza Pizza, a Greek place, and 5 different stands owned by the same company and all selling deep-fried shit. It was terrible. There was a day when you could buy some really cool international food at this festival. That is no longer the case. In fact, as far as all the vending goes, with the exception of hempapotamus ( [Wink] ), the quality was much higher in the parking lot after the 'Dead show in Darien. No kidding!

I did manage to catch a few "Luther Wright and the Wrongs" songs but that hardly made up for the dissapointment everywhere else.

Hey MarcO, I think this might be the party you're thinking of:

The 5th annual Dog Day Afternoon takes place on Sunday, August 17 - 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm, on Fourfold Farm near Fergus. A map will be included with tickets. This year's performers not in order of appearance) are:

The Sadies - www.thesadies.net

Linda McRae - www.lindamcrae.com with Gurf Morlix from Texas (longtime guitarist/producer for Lucinda Williams

Dinocopter - www.scottwicken.com

Nathan Coles

FluxAD - www.fluxad.com

The Candidates - www.the.candidates.tripod.com

Shannon Lyon & The World Record Players - www.shannonlyon.net

A limited number of tickets will be sold (still $20) and must be purchased in advance! No tickets will be available at the gate. Tickets will be reserved for out of town people, send me your name(s) and a list will be at the gate where payment will be collected. All this is to help with numbers for preparing food, beverages, etc. Food is $4 and beer $2 - no alcohol will be allowed on site. All money goes towards paying for the event.

Fourfold farm is a working organic farm and the owners have generously allowed us to use their space for the day (no camping). Mark and Sandy have two small children and two dogs and have requested that no other dogs be brought to the party.

The free shuttle bus will run every 15/20 minutes from the Trasheteria parking lot from 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm and back again at night. There are a few picnic tables, bring blankets or small chairs to sit on. This event is rain or shine event.

Tickets are available now from me and at Music in Orbit (Douglas St.) August 9-16. You may give out my e-mail to anyone who is interested in coming. This is a laid back party for friends and music lovers so come and enjoy! If you have any questions, the easiest way to reach me is by e-mail.

Hope you can make it!

Lil

milanovichlil@hotmail.com

Damn! Not sure if I can swing that this weekend - I thought it was definitely in the Fall - sounds great though.

I'll have to see if I can juggle some commitments but if I can I'll get a hold of you MK. Thanks for the info. If I can't make it, I sure hope lots of other people do, this is a great line-up. [big Grin]

Archived