Jambands.ca

torrent question

Alexis

hey now,

I've got a torrent question. i've downloaded a bunch of torrents and left them open and running in my torrent client. BUT, i've moved the downloaded files from the original location to a different drive. now i'm getting an error msg on the seed. i get why i'm getting that. my question is, how can i tell my client where the new file location is so that the seed will work again?

thanks

I use Azureus, and I just selected a torrent that I'm seeding, and right-clicked, which brought up a menu of stuff to do to/with that torrent. In the "Advanced" menu, there's a "File" sub-menu, which has an option to "Move Data Files." (It was grayed out, which I'm guessing is because I hadn't done a "Stop" (also from the right-click menu) on it.)

If your client is similar, what you could do is shut down your client, put the files back where they were, then re-start, and use the "Move Data Files" to put them (back) where you wanted them moved to.

Aloha,

Brad

You should move the files back to where they were and let them seed to at least 90% or so, then move them wherever you want and delete the torrent file from the client. If your other drive has more room, go to your options and redirect the downloading files to a folder on the bigger drive so you don't ever need to move them in the future... g'luck

so, the only way is to put things back the way they were? i can't redirect the local pathway for the torrent at all? (i use utorrent)

i've redirected all new torrents, i just want to fix these few. and they're oink torrents, so i can't just redownload them cause i don't want to screw up my ratio.

in utorrent you stop the download (use the stop button) right click, change location of files, and point to the new path.

although alabama man's suggestion is by far the easiest. the torrent file doesn't affect your ratio, just the files that the torrent points to.