Jambands.ca

NHL All-Star game ratings - US

Booche

(from Ben Maller)

Barney Fife more popular than NHL All-Star Game?

barneyfife.jpg

The NHL's All-Star Game on Versus on Wednesday attracted 474,000 households. That's down 76% from ABC's rating in 2004, the last time the game was played, and down an amazing 82% from ABC's coverage in 2000, according to the USA TODAY.

The NHL faced tough counterprogramming. And not just from Fox's American Idol. Other Wednesday prime-time shows outdrawing the NHL stars included HGTV's Design on a Dime, Discovery's Myth Busters, Bravo's Top Chef, the Food Network's Ace of Cakes and — attracting 85% more households than hockey's stars — TV Land's Andy Griffith Show.

I thought the game was a waste of time. Much like the ProBowl. The only ALLSTAR game that can actually be somewhat interesting, and resemble the level of play that the players are used to, is baseball. If I wanted to watch a game of shinny, i'd go to the local rink. The skills competitions are fun mind you.

I just got offered a pair of tix behind the bench for the AHL game tonight. Bummer, as I'd love to take my son, but my dad is in town and we have to do the 'family' thing :(

Anybody know what the ratings were on CBC?

CBC got about 1.2 million watching the game on Wednesday.

Over on CTV, American Idol and CSI:NY each got TWICE that number of viewers. CTV news got 1.2 million.

If you'd like, I can send you an excel file with the ratings broken down for each show and on each station .

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)