Jambands.ca

moe. - Town Ballroom, Buffalo Feb 7th

Kanada Kev

Who's going?

I know that myself, Passedoutguy, and another buddy of mine will be there. Anyone else?

I'm really diggin' the new album. Great overall sound and variety.

B000KHYODM.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V34437713_.jpg

Last time I saw moe. in Buffalo they were playing Broadway Joe's!!! Sweet :)

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Edited by Guest

http://www.timesleader.com/mld/timesleader/entertainment/16585984.htm

moe. only getting better

Having as much in common with Wilco and Radiohead as the Grateful Dead, indie jam rockers moe. return with a mature, intriguing and tuneful album in “The Conch,†the band’s first studio release since 2003. Boasting three singer/songwriters and a ferocious two-guitar tandem, the 17-track album displays moe. at arguably its studio best, taking the listener on a journey from the funky opener “Blue Jeans Pizza†to the slow burn of “Brittle End.â€

The album opens with a sinister Rob Derhak bass line which is slowly joined by percussion and piano before an infectious dual guitar lead takes over. Derhak’s falsetto vocals are unique but not out of place. The second track, “Lost Along The Way,†creates a nice contrast, thanks to its slower tempo and the twangy, introspective vocals of guitarist Al Schnier. The triumphant, intertwining guitar work of Schnier and Chuck Garvey here is one of “The Conch’s†highlights. “Tailspin,†the album’s lead single, is straight-ahead, aggressive guitar rock, as is “The Road,†a refreshing track that tells the tale of a band that actually yearns to tour. “She†is downright funky and reminiscent of Led Zeppelin, while “Another One Gone,†the only song on “The Conch†not road tested before studio release, adds a poignant and somber note, with references to late artists like Kurt Cobain.

Known for its propensity to stretch songs past the 20-minute mark during its marathon concerts, it’s no small feat for moe. to edit its tracks for maximum impact in the studio, and with “The Conch†the band has managed to pull it off. “The Conch†also deserves praise for sequencing the tracks in an order that complement each other and the deployment of instrumental snippets, rife with strategically placed recurring musical themes, which hold the somewhat disparate songs together and help provide a sense of cohesion.

im sitting on a pair of tix and cant go. sucks royally, 'cause im really diggin the new cd. :confused:

anyone looking?

feb 7th, tho', right? :)

Bummer. I can ask around and may know of somebody who'd be into it, but it's a long shot.

THanks for the date correction. Wouldn't want to think that I'd missed this gig TWICE :) :) :)

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

I'm not driving, a buddy is. I don't know what car he's going to be driving. Could pose a problem. We're also driving back right after the show and my buddy lives in Brampton. I can't promise anything.

I DO, however, have a ticket for you if you are in need (the show is sold out!)

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

ps - how was your gig last night?