Jambands.ca

arcade fire last night

AD

The Well and the Lighthouse (acoustic)

--

Wake Up (acoustic)

The Well and the Lighthouse was played in the basement of the church for the lucky folks that got down to the coat check in time. Wake Up was a full-blown massive singalong in the back of the hall, close to half an hour after the actual show was over.

$4 beers was amazing as well. Their tour is going to be amazing if these were just warm-up gigs to learn the songs.

Oh yes - the crowd kept the melody going in another massive singlong after Haiti, so much so that Sarah started playing along again, then Win and Will, then Jeremy and Pierre until they finished it off for good. Amazing moment.

This is pretty much my review, I don't have the time for a review for this show. Next time.

AD

I was at both the Friday night and Saturday night Arcade Fire shows. Great room to see them in! I was up on stage right in the first few rows both nights. Out of the two nights, I'd have to say I preferred Friday's show but they were both pretty impeccable.

It was being filmed but I hear that the filming was for their personal use (and not for a release).

Good times in Montreal. Saturday's show was followed by seeing Mr. Brad Barr play at Oy Patro Vys (sp?) A very interesting show as far as seeing the band go from improv'ed songs, to backing the singer for songs (ie: My Funny Valentine was a stand out) and then back to improv. Brad did a fine job.. and I loved the addition of the harp into the mix.

Lovely, lovely.

yeah i went to that there, i saw you but was too drunk to be talking to anyone other than bouche and ms hux, hehe.

was late arriving due to schmoozing with a few arcade fire / ottawa celebrity folks, also had a good conversation with andrew barr at the AF show.

that thing at o patro vys was not my thing at all, i had to leave at the setbreak as i just couldn't take it. i was in a party mood and being silent and listening to a wailing cellist wasn't happening for me.