Jambands.ca

Good Spot to Live in TO?

YearsAlongTheSea

Queen East is starting to burgeon. Lots of galleries opening, really nice restaurants, close to the beaches and lots of bike trails. It only takes about ten minutes to bike downtown. It can be slightly sketchy at times, but hey it is Toronto, it can be sketchy anywhere.

Do you mean Leslieville? It is an upcoming area. There are some excellent restaurants and pubs along the strip. The houses are slightly more "lived-in" than they are in Riverdale, but I'd move to Leslieville. The house prices are still reasonable and the area is close to both The "Beaches" and The Danforth.

How about 1017? Looks like I might be needing a roommate or two in the near future.

Sounds awesome, and, I'm sorry I flaked out last time the chance arose. Unfortunately, I'd say it wouldn't work for two reasons: 1. I'm looking with my brother right now and he's quiet/introverted; not really 1017 material. So, I can't really ditch him. And 2. My dog is not a people dog, doesn't like parties and people he doesn't know stopping by; gets aggressive in a passive way. So, unfortunately, may be out of the question. But, much love for the thought...

THE BEACHES. Pretty, lots of green space, the beach, where your dog can go off leash, dog friendly neighbourhood, nice young contingent, great houses, funky shops, restaurants, 5 minutes to Little India and Chinatown East, 15 minutes from the Danforth and you are only about 15 minutes away from downtown.

Nuf said.

Anything but Scarborough...

never lived there, figured maybe its sort of near the Beaches... used to drive out to the Bluffs all the time... love hiking and climbing there (if there's anything left of em that is, last time I was there was quite shocked at how much they had eroded in such a short period... still a beautiful spot)

I live on the east mountain in Hamilton and wouldn't recommend most people move up here... but downtown's not that far and the hiking nearby is awesome (though the neighbourhood is culturally devoid I avoid that with my teleporter (car))

I like the Annex quite a bit. It's pretty noisy, but a cool area.

There are a couple of good areas to live in Scarborough. I like the area of Kingston Road at Victoria Park - it has a poor man's Riverdale feel. The Beaches runs into Scarborough too, so Scarberia ain't all bad.

I just got accepted into a post grad diploma program at Humber college in Toronto, so its looking like that's where I'll be living come the Fall!!!! This thread will be useful for me too, down the road. I'm pumped about the idea of moving to the Big Smoke for a while. :)

I think Humber has a few different campus' but I know my program is at the Lakeshore campus. I could be completely mistaken but I think its sorta on the West side, like near the CNE? Correct me if I'm wrong. Are you familiar with any of the neighbourhoods in that area? Anything special?

I think Humber has a few different campus' but I know my program is at the Lakeshore campus. I could be completely mistaken but I think its sorta on the West side, like near the CNE? Correct me if I'm wrong. Are you familiar with any of the neighbourhoods in that area? Anything special?

It's not near the CNE - at least not that near in a transit sense. The Lakeshore campus is in an area that is being rejuvinated urban-wise. More shops and restaurants are opening up and the area is becoming a desirable destination to live. Why don't you live on campus? The Lakeshore campus is booming. I believe it also has some new residences. However, I'd find a house or apartment near the campus - for sanity's sake.

I would live near or in the area. It's actually not too far from Port Credit (by car). My wife went to Humber when the area was a little run-down. It's changed a lot since then - for the better. The Lakeshore streetcar runs past Humber, which is really convenient.