Jambands.ca

I've got your Rose Garland tickets... who's buyin'?

NewRider

Saturday March 24th

I was talking with Chuck (dark_starr) about this show and it sounds like a cool place for a concert, with a big stage, big sound and lights. He's hoping to fill the place with as many heads and jam fans as possible, with the hope that it will lead to more.

Lots of free tickets are available for this show, so this is a great opportunity to get a dose of heady deadness ...

Peace, Mark

For those of you up KW way, I also dropped off a bunch of free tix at Shakedown Street. You can drop by their location on King Street or give them a shout to see if there are any left.

There's no opening band on Saturday, so we're looking to hit the stage by 10:30pm for a couple of extra long sets. Hope to see you there!

HARDBALL CAFE

8750 Highway 25 Milton, Ontario (905)876-2582

http://www.hardballcafe.com/MAP.html

DIRECTIONS

From Toronto: Hwy 401 West > exit at #25 in Milton > turn righ at the top of the ramp > Hardball is 2km on the left.

From KW/Cambridge/Guelph/Londo n: Hwy 401 East > exit at #25 in Milton > turn left at the top of the ramp > Hardball is 2km on the left.

From Hamilton/Niagara: Take QEW Toronto > Exit at Bronte Road > turn right at the top of the ramp > follow north all the way into Milton > turn left at Steeles Avenue > turn right at Martin Street (Petro Canada station) > follow over the 401 > Hardball is 2km on the left.

A fun show last night, in a nice live music venue which caters mainly to a hard rock crowd I think. A big stage, big sound and lights, and a great video projection system which came in handy as Rose Garland supplied some sweet video to go along with their show. It would be a really good spot for a show that could draw 300 or 400 people ... I'm not sure of the capacity of the place, but it's got to be at least that.

Once again I was impressed with Rose Garland. Yes they are a cover band and they play nothing but The Dead, but they do it well. Lots of solid vocals and musicianship. Aaron (drummer) has an excellent "Jerry voice" and Dave M. (lead guitar player) shreds.

Peace, Mark

Thanks for the kind words, Mark! You're bang-on with the capacity; including the baclonies, it's 400 people. And thanks to everyone that made it out to the show... it was our first time playing that venue, and it won't be the last! I too must admit that the Rose Garland video show looked great on such a large screen; it covered the whole back of the stage, and must've been two stories high!

For anyone keeping score, here's how it went down last night:

Set One:

Cumberland Blues > Bertha; Greatest Story Ever Told; Jack Straw; Hell In A Bucket; Loose Lucy; Ramble On Rose; New Minglewood Blues; Hey Pocky Way; St. Of Circumstance > Casey Jones

Set Two:

Sugar Magnolia > Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain; St. Stephen > Truckin' > The Other One > Eyes Of The World > King Solomon's Marbles Jam > China Doll > Throwing Stones > Franklin's Tower > Sunshine Daydream

Encore:

Touch of Grey

Edited by Guest

perhaps the next time we play there a second drummer would be in order... ;)

Say it ain't so! How about one of those keyboard dealies while yer at it?

Having heard RG fill out all the Dead minus two instruments, I can imagine what you guys would do with the full onslaught. Hmmmm?

Well, I hear that Tim's been working out on the keys... perhaps we could go that route! Or are there any keyboard players out there that are up for the challenge?

i'm still not sure i'm ready to keep up with you guys on keys, chuck :P but i'd be thrilled to play drums with you guys again. that totally smoked last night. and you're all such solid guys to boot. thanks again for a really fun time. i was thinking sitting there last night that seeing you guys is like seeing the dead, up close, for five bucks...

How about one of those keyboard dealies while yer at it?

Having heard RG fill out all the Dead minus two instruments, I can imagine what you guys would do with the full onslaught. Hmmmm?

Ditto on this thought ... I was thinking last night in the middle of the show that a keyboard player would blow things through the roof!

And two kits would be nice. Heck, Tim's got four limbs, just have him play drums and keys at the same time!

Peace, Mark

Thank you sooo much. It's such a treat to spend another evening with all of you. Chuck, beautiful, intricate and solid! Aaron, your voice soothes the soul. Dave M, awesome, just awesome! Dave K, incredibly solid vocals. I always have a blast with all of you. Again, thank you!

PS. Along with Tim on keyboards and 2nd drum, I hear he also plays a mean kazoo. :grin: