Jambands.ca

Hey Jambands.ca, get all Punk this weekend :: STRUMMER NIGHT

whiteymuseum

Friday April 6th

The Underground

Hamilton

Time to honour the "soul" of punk music this Friday, as "STEEL CITY ROCKERS V" goes down at the Underground paying tribute to the late great, JOE STRUMMER.

Music from the Clash and the Mescaleros will be covered by numerous artists from the Hamilton-Toronto scene.

$5 goes to charity.

Support a great cause. I saw BriGuy at this a couple years back. See, this show's got CRED! ;)

strumtrib.jpg

Edited by Guest

I believe my old roommate Stu Smith will be playing drums at this thing. He always does. He's in a band that has reminants of his 80's Hamilton band The Dik Van Dykes. This is a well run tribute and if I didn't have to work, I think I'd hit this up.

That's awesome MarcO, you punk! I didn't realize this was the gig that you were talking about... A good cause too.

I'm supposed to be meeting up with an old friend tonight for dinner and a catch up, but if I am able to, I will try and swing by to catch your set.

Cheers!

My friend is on tonight at midnight. Look a highly 'sauced' drummer named Stu. Hey Whitey, I told Stu yesterday to look for you. Expect him to mention something like this (since he doesn't know your alias: "Hey, is Whitey here from Jambands.ca? Jaimoe sends his regards"... of course he was drunk yesterday.

Although I am an unlikely candidate for a night of music like this, I will be there! Well...mainly because of MarcO, but it does look like a good time!

There's some good bands there like The Marble Index, plus the songs are all great given the songwriter.