Jambands.ca

1st show at new/old venue in Kitchener!

MK

Well, after a couple years without a venue in Kitchener we have a prospect! (No offense to the Circus Room but...well...)

The Walper Pub @ 1 King St West below the glorious Walper hotel is interested in filling their back room with groove-oriented music. It has got a capacity of about 80-100 in the room with the stage and room for about 500 more throughout the many other rooms that have good sound lines but poor sight lines to the music room.

When I first moved here the Walper was in full force and all the K/W artists who have recently gone on to bigger things (Paul MacLeod, Shannon Lyon, Danny Michel, the Miniatures) played there. It went through some changes of ownership and has finally ended up being run by the historic hotel it is under. It is an absolutely fantastic room for live music and I can't wait to get it under way.

Here's a start:

Jomomma

Saturday August 23rd

$3

Walper Pub

JoMo is hot right now. Saw them last Tuesday in Brantford and they've never sounded tighter (Ed's back!!) They always bring out a great crowd in K/W and they haven't played off the campuses in like 2 years...should be hot to trot.

This night is kind of a trial run - plenty of support would ensure that this great room becomes a reality for great music.

Woohoo! [big Grin]

Very nice - the Walper has really gone under some great changes. I've spent much time there - good times! And not to mention, that place has really amazing history (being the first hotel in kitchener, AND a hub for rum running back in the prohibition days)

Great choice in venues..

Hey MK, this is great news! No offense to Circus Room here either, but hopefully this works out so there will be another good option for playing KW. We have so many good friends in that town, we'd love to get an Uncle Seth gig going there if things go well! [big Grin]

Do you have a booking contact? You can post it here or email me at musicface@musicface.com.

Peace,

Mr. M.

Archived